BMWCC - Sunday 10th July Tatton Park

Photos and reports from past events
MikeR
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

BMWCC - Sunday 10th July Tatton Park

Post by MikeR »

Hi Folks

Note- you do NOT have to be a member of the BMW CC to attend this event.
Jeff Heywood, Chairman of the BMW Car Club has asked me if we will get the usual great response from the Zed's at this years Northern BMW Festival at Tatton Park on Sunday 10th July. Last year we easily filled the allocated space and had to have an overflow area to accommodate the 30+ Zeds attending. Certainly Robert is geared up for organising a meeting point close to the park and then a convoy run in to join the show. Entry to the park is £5 per car and then the BMWCC charge a smaller fee (last year £2, I think) to join gathering. There will be the famous NW Tombola with prizes from NW BMW dealers, along with trade stands. You can enter your car in the NW Concours or Show and Shine.
So who's up for it?

MikeR
zedwheels

Z1 Alpina Roadster

Post by zedwheels »

Hi MikeR
This is the date for Santa Pod and i think quite a few others are going to that show i'm sorry. :bawl:
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

Hi MikeR,

I've had a quick exchange with Rob about this again this year and my B&B is booked.

Once again the plan is for a post show bimble and probably an evening meal.

I know Rob has been really busy of late but I'm sure there will be and organisational thread appearing soon.

Cheers,

Dave
MikeR
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by MikeR »

Cheers guys

Yes, I know this clashes with Santa Pod and its a shame that we didn't get it on to the "forthcoming events" calendar, sooner (perhaps Phil could do that??? afterall, it is a BMWCC Event).
Anyway, the event has had a very good following in previous years and I'm sure that Rob will do his bit in getting the convoy run sorted. What we need to do is to keep this thread going and pull in those people who are not yet committed on that day.

Cheers
MikeR
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Mike, I'll hopefully make it but I'm staying over at Chester races the night before so won't be in a fit state to meet early morning for a run in like last year with Robert.

I'll hopefully make it at some point though (if I can get SWMBO a lift home from Chester) :drive
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

I'm going to have a word with my dear son as his choice of wedding date means that I'll miss Tatton and the Norfolk cruise :head:

Wonder whether a suitable bribe will persuade them to postpone it :?: :twisted:
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
MikeR
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by MikeR »

Cheers Jonttt - the nice thing about Tatton is that you can come and go as you please (they did however, run out of Raffle Prizes by mid-day last year!!!!). Hope the races go well!!

No probs, Zed Carter - I quite understand (my daughters wedding in 2 weeks time is getting in the way of other things!!!!)

MikeR
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Its on the front page now and my wife - The Navigator - has spotted it and wants to go. Think the gardens at Tatton Park are of interest and as we are National Trust members she is possibly going to get her way.
Have to miss cycling that day :(
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

Phil wrote:Its on the front page now and my wife - The Navigator - has spotted it and wants to go. Think the gardens at Tatton Park are of interest and as we are National Trust members she is possibly going to get her way.
Have to miss cycling that day :(
A quick Head's Up Phil, Tatton is jointly run by NT and the local council, so whilst your NT membership will get you into the house and gardens you will have to pay to park.
MikeR
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by MikeR »

Hi Phil

Yes, the Hall and Park is worth a visit.
Thanks for getting the date on the forthcoming events calendar (must try and to this earlier next year!!!)

Cheers
MikeR
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Official thread started so that I can keep updating the lead post:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31305

Sorry for the delay in getting this up. To say I have been a bit busy is an understatement!

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: BMWCC - Sunday 10th July Tatton Park

Post by Jonco »

MikeR wrote:Hi Folks

Note- you do NOT have to be a member of the BMW CC to attend this event.
Jeff Heywood, Chairman of the BMW Car Club has asked me if we will get the usual great response from the Zed's at this years Northern BMW Festival at Tatton Park on Sunday 10th July. Last year we easily filled the allocated space and had to have an overflow area to accommodate the 30+ Zeds attending. Certainly Robert is geared up for organising a meeting point close to the park and then a convoy run in to join the show. Entry to the park is £5 per car and then the BMWCC charge a smaller fee (last year £2, I think) to join gathering. There will be the famous NW Tombola with prizes from NW BMW dealers, along with trade stands. You can enter your car in the NW Concours or Show and Shine.
So who's up for it?

MikeR
Hi MikeR - I'm a new member and relatively new Zed owner. Would like to attend the show only as a taster to what's involved. Colin[/quote]
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Hi Jonco, welcome to the forum.

Why don't you think about joining the other zeds before the show (in Robs thread link above). You can meet some of the members on here and have breakfast and then drive over to the show with them. You don't need to be a member of the BMWCC for the show so it is a great way of seeing whats its all about.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
MikeR
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by MikeR »

Hi Jonco

The majority of Zeds have a meeting point organised for bacon butties then a short cruise into the park. If you don't want to do that just turn up at Tatton Park, pay your £5 (per car) to get in and then follow the signs round to the BMWCC parking area. You can park outside this area and walk into the show OR you can pay a further £2 to get you and your car into the show where you will be directed into the Zed parking area. The park opens at 10am and is very relaxed. At about 11.30am the rest of the Zeds with Robert will arrive in convoy to fill up the rest of the stand (we had approaching 40 Zeds last year - not as many this year with the clash of dates).

MikeR
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

More like 10.45 am, Mike. Booths is serving food a bit earlier on a Sunday now. :wink:

Jonco, your interest has been added in the other thread. :)

Cheers R.
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

Robert T wrote:More like 10.45 am, Mike. Booths is serving food a bit earlier on a Sunday now. :wink:

Jonco, your interest has been added in the other thread. :)

Cheers R.
Cheers guys - we will be at Booth's for BB then drive in.
Colin
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Colin, we are meeting between 9.15 and 10.15 - full details are in the other thread:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31305

Cheers R.
Nico1027

Z3 roadster 2.8

BMW show tatton park

Post by Nico1027 »

I was at the show today. Seen some old friends with z3s
Not much at the event really. Apart from a chap who had a lovely z1.
Amazing door operation but not good if your battery dies.
Some new z4s
Hopefully this is not the usual BMW show cheers nico
corky

M roadster S50

photos

Post by corky »

Hi Robert.
Just.wanted.to know of you have sorted the.photos out from tatton yet or have I missed them on another site

Regards corky
corky

M roadster S50

photos

Post by corky »

Hi Robert.
Just.wanted.to know If you have sorted the.photos out from tatton yet or have I missed them on another site

Regards corky
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hi Corky.

Photos are on page 2 of the other thread:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5&start=50

Cheers R.