Z3 roadster 2.0

Top Gears Road Test Z4M

Post by calbens »

http://www.topgear.com/drives/A4/D2/roa ... 04/01.html

Just thought you might be interested :D
boblioni

Z4 M roadster

Post by boblioni »

Hmmm - spends as much time telling you the practical and economic reasons for not buying one as it does on the cars performance.

I don't want practical and economic - I want a two seat BMW convertible with a big engine :D
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

If it was the new Ford Mondeo that only had two seats and so on then it would deserve such a whitewash review. Also I have never kerbed my Zed. As I know it is wider at the back :roll: :lol:
The price is a fact you would know that before reading the review so after reading the review I would know very little about the car, except that it wasn't a four seater mid range saloon. :shock: It is a review of little use after the car comes on the second hand market. It doesn't tell about the sound system, scuttle shake, one touch roof, safety, security, colours, ergonomics, Vanos, storage, consumption.
This reads like most Top Gear stuff, tabloid, highly amusing anecdote, then two lines about the car written by a researcher. :D
I'll wait for a proper review from Parkers.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Troy
Z Register member

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Troy »

Really really want one :cry: :oops: :bawl:
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

I saw the car today for the first time 'in the metal'. It was at Murketts and is their demonstrator, delivered yesterday and currently awaiting prep.

I have to say, that as I suspected I would be, I was very disappointed with the lines and general look of the car. With the exception of the tell tale quad exhausts, BMW have been less then generous in making this model much different from the rest.

I'm sure it's performance will try to make up for this, although I still say that by using the S54 yet again and not being brave enough to give the up and coming V8 lump it's virgin wings in the Roadster, BMW are frankly taking the p*ss out of it's loyal punters :evil:

There was a tidy 2.0 Z4 two cars up the line - it had very nice tan leather and only 6000 on the clock.
pearsonjohnboy

Z4 M roadster

Post by pearsonjohnboy »

Also check out fiftgear website.

Oh yeah Troy buy one then :wink:
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Troy wrote:Really really want one :cry: :oops: :bawl:
Me too and in that colour! What a shine.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)