At last.. the wait is nearly over......

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
manc5

Z4 M coupe

At last.. the wait is nearly over......

Post by manc5 »

Hello Z4m members...

i am a returning ex member (been absent for 4 years) but it is good to be back....

After a "Zless" 4 years i finally get my long awaited z4mcoupe in the first week of September and thought i would join up and see how people are finding theirs...

my spec is

Z4m Coupe
interlagos blue
black nappa leather
isofix child seat system
bluetooth telephone prep
hi fi sys prof DSP + 6cd stack

can't wait... i had a z3mcoupe from 99 to 02 and loved it .. drove the z4m at my dealers in the beginning of July and loved it...

so basically.. hi all .. let me know what you got and if you have it how is it !

Cheers
David
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Hi David and welcome back!

///M Z4 Coupe? Lovely!

I'm not aware of anyone on this forum already having one, but I know of at least one other arriving first week of September.

There are a few American members of Z4um who have had theirs for a few weeks, so you might want to have a look there too.

I'm not a big Z4 fan simply because I don't like Bungle's slashes and sharp lines, but the new ///M Coupe is an absolute stunner! I think it really works in the coupe version. Shame you can't take the roof off though!

Be sure to get some pics posted as soon as you can!

Cheers.
A.
manc5

Z4 M coupe

Post by manc5 »

Hi Alfie

Will post pics as soon as i get my eager hands on the keys !!!!

Yeah, i know what you mean about it being bangle'd.. i think the z3mcoupe was better looking in a brutal sort of way !!!

I had a 530d E60 from 2004 untill 1st July this year .. very bangled !!! good car though .

Like your Imola M roadster.. always did like that colour, the car i test drove at the dealers was a Z4Mcoupe in Imola Red, looked very tasty.

I haven't gt it yet and can't wait for the 3000 mile running in to be over !!

David
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

The recommended running in period is just 1200 miles is it not?

Anyway, congrats on a very fine purchase. Can't wait to see the pics!

Have you thought about bringing it along the big Z4UM meet in September? We don't have any Z4MC coming, so it would be great to have one there. :D
Giles wrote:IMHO the Z4 generally tends to appeal to people that want to own a nice car and not those that want to drive a nice car.
manc5

Z4 M coupe

Post by manc5 »

Hi Jules75

ooh i hope it is only 1200 miles.. i am only going off the running in sticker that was on the window of the Mcoupe i drove at the dealers, it said 1500 miles up to xxxx revs (can't remember exact) then another 1500 miles up to xxxx revs .. What deos the owners manual say and did you have one of the running in stickers at the top of the windscreen ??

When i bought my Z3mcoupe in '99 i am pretty sure that said 1200..

When and where is the Z4Um meet adn how can i find ou more ?

Oh i just noticed you have an Ipod connection in your Roadster.. my dealer checked and advised that my coupe won't have one..downer... did you get an aftermarket kit or is there a dealer fit kit for the Prof DSP Hi-Fi ?

Cheers
David
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

manc5 - the meet details can be found here - http://www.z4um.com/viewtopic.php?t=19295

There are a few rooms left at the hotel - and when they're, they're gone

It's going to be a cracker of a weekend ...
greg_ch

Z4 M roadster

Post by greg_ch »

manc5 wrote:Hi Jules75

ooh i hope it is only 1200 miles.. i am only going off the running in sticker that was on the window of the Mcoupe i drove at the dealers, it said 1500 miles up to xxxx revs (can't remember exact) then another 1500 miles up to xxxx revs .. What deos the owners manual say and did you have one of the running in stickers at the top of the windscreen ??

When i bought my Z3mcoupe in '99 i am pretty sure that said 1200..

When and where is the Z4Um meet adn how can i find ou more ?

Oh i just noticed you have an Ipod connection in your Roadster.. my dealer checked and advised that my coupe won't have one..downer... did you get an aftermarket kit or is there a dealer fit kit for the Prof DSP Hi-Fi ?

Cheers
David
The BMW kit is not that great tbh. If you jump over to z4um.com and search for either DICE or Icelink plus. These are full feature kits.
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

Run in is as follows (if I remember correctly):

First 1200 miles, 5K RPM, Max speed 105MPH

After 1200, and up till 3000 miles, no RPM limit, and max speed for short periods of time.

But basically, you can give it a good kicking after your 1200 mile service. 8-)
Giles wrote:IMHO the Z4 generally tends to appeal to people that want to own a nice car and not those that want to drive a nice car.
manc5

Z4 M coupe

Post by manc5 »

Hi

thanks for running in info, icelink and info about the z4um meet over 15,16 and 17 Sep.

I might be able to make it for some point during the big run on the 17th, (i have to work 15 and 16 so no luck there)

Will post car pics as soon as i get hold of it and will submit details for Z4um meet so i can catch you on the sunday run.

cheers
David
greg_ch

Z4 M roadster

Post by greg_ch »

manc5 wrote:Hi

thanks for running in info, icelink and info about the z4um meet over 15,16 and 17 Sep.

I might be able to make it for some point during the big run on the 17th, (i have to work 15 and 16 so no luck there)

Will post car pics as soon as i get hold of it and will submit details for Z4um meet so i can catch you on the sunday run.

cheers
David
Cool. We are not doing too well with coupe's at the moment so it would be great of you could make it.
manc5

Z4 M coupe

Post by manc5 »

Update on car delivery..

Dealer contacted me last Friday and advised delivery is delayed by 1 week so now i will get the the car either Friday 8th or Monday 11th for delivery.. few days later than planned but not too bad... also realistically the dealer always maintained that the 1st Sept delivery was "optimistic" ...

Good news is that he is going to throw in a garmin satnav for me to compensate some messing about i am going to have with swapping insurances .. Which means i will have my current satnav, a tomtom go 500, to sell .

Original delivery was set for Fri 1 or sat 2 Aug which coincided with my current insurance ending on the 1st .. My current insurer won't touch the z4m so i need to switch... but now i have to insure my current car for another week then cancel that policy and switch to my new insurer ..

The new insurer is BMW insurance.. they worked out nearly 100 quid cheaper than anyone else for me at 1100 .. closest second place was Tesco's at 1189...

So i will bring it along for the Z4um run on Sunday 17th.. i will register once i know my registration number (should choose from list on Wednesday 20th)

Cheers
David
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

Excellent news. Only a couple of weeks to go! :D Looking forward to seeing the car at Cheddar.
manc5

Z4 M coupe

Finally... i have my car...

Post by manc5 »

So....After a false start way back when i finally have my z4m Coupe.... picked it up last night .....

one word describes it..... wow :devil: .....but why use one when you can write more ...

it is a fantastic car, can't wait for it to be run in and 1200 mile serviced ...

It is addictive when you pres the loud pedal.. obviously only to 5500rpm, and makes the most fantastic noise... i have to say this has to be the most pure driving BMW i have ever owned / driven.

I have done 200 miles in it since 7pm last night when i collected it, all types of traffic and roads, but all in the wet, and so far it just feels well planted, rigid and precise.. can't understand what all the journo's are on about when they say it rides too harsh.. reckon they have spent WAY too much time in Lexus barges and Merc Panzers..... and of course there is Clarkson.. (is he actually a serious journo or a celebrity ?????) who hated it which is probably it's best recommendation !!!

Since it has rained otherwise been dark since i collected it i have no pics yet and it is filthy now thanks to the M60 and A34 in Manchester... so will clean and take some pics at weekend and post...

Also was surprised to find that it has an aux audio in phono jack connection above the ashtray under the A/C temperature dial.. wasn't expecting that as the dealer initially said it would not have one .. so bonus..

I opted for the Hi fi sys prof-dsp .. made an mp3 cd with 80+ tracks on it sampled at 192kbps and played that in the dash mounted head unit.. sounds real good.. also put some cd's in the 6 stack in the storage compartment to compare.. probably 20% sharper with clearer bass response... will try some mp3's at 320kbps to see if that improves it..

Only slight issue is with the quality of the bluetooth phone .. a couple of my friends i rang have said it is crystal clear 50% of the time then sounds really cr4ppy, metallic and tinny the rest of the time.... ??? i have the Sony Ericsson K750i with the snap in adaptor... also tried my other phone which is a w800i and same result (the k750 and w800 share the same guts with slightly updated firmware and functions on the 800).

will post pics at weekend

Cheers
David