Potential new owner...maybe...perhaps...hmm...

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
mark_a_thorpe

blank.gif

Potential new owner...maybe...perhaps...hmm...

Post by mark_a_thorpe »

Hey all! I've just sold my modded MR2 roadster, with the plan of saving cash for something useful, like beer or new televisions...

However, it's become apparent after a whopping 1 week of not having a car, that I'd quite like to be in the driving seat again! Anyways, I'd be looking for something cheap, relatively cheap to insure and ideally not something I'd need to mod *much* to get it to look the way I wanted it to.

The Z3 seems to tick most of these boxes which is great!

So the search begins - I'll need to have a proper trawl through here to find the differences in facelift and non-facelift, whether insurance is a massive amount more for the 2.8 (as I did a quote on the 1.9 and it was CHEAP!), and most important what the main issues to look out for are.

Seems early cars can be picked up for peanuts, but as the idea is to spend as little as possible, I'd be aiming for no more than 5k - otherwise I wont bother, as I will only do maybe 100 miles a month - think there's a chance of something that'll fit the bill?

Oh, and hi by the way - hope to be speaking to a lot of you very soon! :D 8-)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Hi Mark, there are Z3's to suit all budgets and the majority of modding options are very cheap :wink:

take a look at this buyers guide:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17194

Good luck with your search
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
mark_a_thorpe

blank.gif

Post by mark_a_thorpe »

Cheers! :D

And yep, I've read that one - good useful info in there :)
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

With a budget of £5k you should get yourself a real cracker, these cars a generally very well cared for so it is not too difficult to find one in very good condition but if you set yourself the task of finding one with a specific spec and colour as no two Z3's are the same the search might be a little harder.

Good luck and I hope you join us shortly with a big grin on your face having found a Z3 to cosset.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Z3_TJK

M roadster S50

Post by Z3_TJK »

Hey mate,

I made the switch from an MR2 to a 2.8 Z3 several years ago, never looked back and have now moved onto ZM.

I can thoroughly recommend the 2.8, great sounding engine and plenty quick enough, plus I prefer the pre-face lift shape (which is the same as the ZM), but that's personal preference I suppose.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with a Z3, your white MR2 was the best looking '2 I've seen.

Tom.
Now: Z3M Estoril Blue
mark_a_thorpe

blank.gif

Post by mark_a_thorpe »

Yep, the white roadster's gone....sad day indeed as she was ace! :D

But onwards and upwards, and the Z3 ticks all the boxes :)
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by indizee »

Mark,

As it's been said, most are well looked after, and spares are cheaper than you may think, and plenty available with a large forum base that is very helpful and friendly.

If you can stretch to a 2.8. then you won't be disappointed. Try a few first to see how you get on.
Black with 5 spoke wheels are an absolute eye catcher. :D :D :D :D
Present : Grey Z4 2.5 conv
ex-Cosmos Black 2.8
crin

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by crin »

I can definitely recommend the 2.8 and i just so happen to be selling mine now in the stock exchange section ;-) . She's a 99 with 34,000 miles, full electrics pack, leather seats, the lot for £4500 [/list]