New to Z3 problems

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

New to Z3 problems

Post by Parki »

Having been looking for several months I am now proud owner of a P Reg 1.9. The battery has been allowed to go completely flat (it is now fully charged after 250 mile run home) & the 2 half house brick fobs also out of battery. Have replaced these batteries & have follwed Manual procedure to re install key/fob/alarm without success - any suggestions? do I need to go to dealer?
Woody1000

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: New to Z3 problems

Post by Woody1000 »

Hi Parki welcome to the forum, the battery should have charged after 250 miles not sure about the key fobs but someone will be along soon with the answer. This is an excellent forum with loads of knowledgable people who love to help.
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

Welcome.

Presume that having fitted new fob batteries the red transmit LED is illuminating. If so you may need to reprogram fobs to receiver.
There are a number of threads covering reprogramming or have a look at this for a general idea http://zroadster.org/wiki/bmw-z3/guides ... ogramming/
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Parki »

Thanks to woody1000 for quick response/welcome & jonco for v comprehensive DIY guide - not sure of my ability but should be able to get more electrically minded friend to follow instructions - makes a difference when you know its possible & how. Thanks again. Have brought tyres up to press. & working my way round switches etc. Can't wait for spring!
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Hi and welcome, I have the same alarm and recently changed my remote battery. It played up for a couple of days then settled down on its own. :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Parki »

Thanks for that - having read some of the problems people appear to be having with remote/alarms I am reconsidering - my keys manually lock/unlock & start car & I understand the immobiliser sets itself on key removal so do I need the alarm or remote capability? I may live with it for now & maybe try to sort it in the better weather but again thanks for all help.
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Parki »

In amongst finding a couple of minor jobs for the better weather - I have found a 'spare' EWS Control Box/Unit in the boot - is there any quick way to check if its still working & is it worth owt?