Cornish Z3

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Kitcat

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Cornish Z3

Post by Kitcat »

Well it is Cornish now, picked it up a couple of months ago mechanically its great for a 2001 with 45k no rust 2.2i sport.
Did have a few niggles that I'm sorting, passenger seat would not lower fixed with help from roadster.net and roadster.org.
Paint felt rough so a clay bar later now super smooth. Original radio had been replaced with a sony so the front speakers didn't work, do now thanks to Gaz but I did buy a Blaupunkt CD43 for the when I want the OEM look it works great but the CD skips over bumps and I needed an aux in.
All I need now to sort the wheels they have some bubbling round the edge but as they are the split rim one I will get them redone by the pros.
Will get around to sorting the leather bolster wear at some point, and need to fix the seat belt guide so will do it all at once.
Really looking forward to some of the meets I have seen.
Here is a pic befor I picked it up.
This is my first post so its also my intro more pics and chatter to come.
And thanks for the invaluable info from other posters

All the best and Happy Christmas
Ken

Last edited by Kitcat on Tue 23 Dec, 2014 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Re: Cornish Z3

Post by TR4man »

What a lovely colour
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

Very nice
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3Jeremy »

Hi, What a fabulous paint/wheel/leather combination. Top notch! All the best, Jeremy
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum :wink:

The car looks very nice :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Kitcat

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Kitcat »

A few more pics, you can see the seat belt guide thats broken, I believe you have to de-glove the seat to fix that one.Image
I do like the clock as with my eyes I can read it better than the digital ones and I dont care what the MPG is didn't buy it for economy, got it for fun in the dry.
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

Nice car, nice colour, nice wheels, I'm not at all jealous! Welcome to the forum, it's a good crowd on here . :)
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Very clean look! I like it! Congrats!
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Hey Ken, southern boy makes some very nice quality items for repairing seat belt guides without the need to strip the seat. Check them out.

Tony.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Hi Tony, as you probably know I am banned for the time being on .org! :oops: Good to see a familiar friendly face on .net.

Cheers, Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Very common problem - the originals are a bit of a "design weakness". If you want to go down the OE route this topic may help. It's not difficult but the seats need to come out and a bit of "faffing about" is required - I did mine a couple of years back. BMW still stock them (black only) around £16 each - they are not universal, there is a left and right guide.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=24517
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Great looking car
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Hi Alan, yes I realise. You have my email if you want a natter.

Tony.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Kitcat

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Kitcat »

Thanks will de-glove the seat as soon as I wish to retreat the leather as well, and redo the side bolster.
davieb

M coupe S50

Post by davieb »

As regards your wheels, I don't know how far you want to travel, but I'd recommend a firm in Exeter - http://www.southwestwheelrepairs.com/index.html - good guys, did an excellent job on some wheels for me, and seeing some of the quality motors in the garage (Ferrari, Porsche etc), it might give you an idea of how good they are. I paid £336 for a refurb on the wheels on my M125i, but this was slightly dearer than normal as I had to leave the car with them. I think it was about £20 per wheel cheaper if I could have simply taken the wheels in.