Hi from Montreal Canada

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Bertie

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Hi from Montreal Canada

Post by Bertie »

I bought my 2001 Z 3 3 litre before the holidays and am still finding my way round it.Planning a " To Do List " before taking it off the axle stands in the Spring .
It's -20 C here today ,snowing and windy . Temperature with wind effect feels like -30C . It is not top down weather!
I've found the knowledge base really helpful .Two items are a little dated .
Replacement Q I and halogen head light bulbs .
Long term experience with tyre sealants
Does any one have recent experience or updates to these topics ??
Thanks
Bertie
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Hi from Montreal Canada

Post by Gazza »

Hi Bertie

I used to use tyre sealants (Ultraseal) and found it ok, did I get a puncture ? Who knows.

I stopped using it when I started to get a wheel wobble, the gel had set more or less solid after a period of non use.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Bertie

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Bertie »

Thanks Gazza
It doesn't seem to be a good option for a summer toy tucked up in a warm garage From November to April ? Probably better to blow up the doughnut and hope I never need it
Bertie
Anyone have experience / comments on replacement head light bulbs ?
The usual N American reviews are of the Bozzo " Put some Sonic Blasters on my truck . I can now met Teslars from 500 yards " ilk
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Just installed a pair of Osram Nightbreaker Lasers on mine. They are halogen bulbs but are supposedly 150% brighter than standard. I've previously run Ring and Sylvania upgrade bulbs. They won't compete with HIDs or LEDs, but they are legal and won't be an issue at MOT time. Always a pig of a job to do the passenger side, as I have to move the airbox to get at it, but it can be done using only the spanner in the toolkit, so it can be done at the roadside if necessary.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc