Intro and recommissioning

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Zillo

Z3 roadster 1.9

Intro and recommissioning

Post by Zillo »

Hi all,
New member.
I briefly owned a 2.8 a few years ago, which was promptly written off while parked. Anyhoo, purchased a Fiji green 1.9 M44 back in June, which had been off the road for 7 years and sat in a unit. It now has MoT and I’ve managed a heady 70 miles in it, which pushed it past 70k on the clock.
Broke down a short time ago with loss of power and finally grinding to a halt on the A1. Recovered and found the camshaft sensor code up. This has been replaced and the code has disappeared. I replaced the two metal gaskets between the upper and lower and torqued the two parts together.
I now have P0130 - 02 Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1. It’s running rough from start and is coaxed to a warm engine temperature.
Whilst poking around with the intake pipe work trying to ensure that there aren’t any vacuum leaks (and I couldn’t find any), I noticed the clacking sound from the DISA. That’s now off and it has the obvious split diaphragm, which is being sorted.
My question is (and I’m no mechanic): will the replacement of the DISA with a ‘good one’, eradicate the O2 warning?
Thank you all for any help and comments.