No more waiting / the death of an M

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

No more waiting / the death of an M

Post by chrisp_1 »

Hey Boys and Girls,

The more observant amongst you will note I've not been on here for a few weeks (quite a feat).

My last thread was all about what to do when I sold the M this year

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 31&t=36665

Well, since then life has taken a strange turn of events :bawl:

Firstly, my Mrs has decided to leave me after 16 years despite the fact we were due to get married in June 2013:twisted: :bawl: And she won't even consider trying to work things out or go for counselling etc etc.

Secondly, I took the M downto my old man's two weeks ago (in the throw of the above) on a Thursday night and ended up getting caught up in that god-damn awful weather over the Friday-Monday (approx 20th march) whilst running over the A623 between Baslow and Chapel-en-le Frith. I was travelling along at the back of a long queue (3 hgv and several cars) and made it round the famous S-bends at the Tideswell exit before the road opens up onto a 1 1/2 mile straight stretch. I remember thinking how I'd normally drop a gear and blast past the lot but on this occasion I opted to just sit behind the queue, discretion the better part of valour etc when suddenly I was looking at the back of the HGV in-front through the drivers side door window. Some snow had blown onto the road out of a farmers field creating a patch no longer than a Z and as the car hit that all was lost, even at 35mph max. I tried to opp' lock her hoping the front would bite but the traffic must have been dragging the snow along creating black ice or something? Anyway, couldn't correct at-all, zero-grip :evil: and the back end just followed round until I was heading backward. Lost no speed whatsoever and the back end went onto the verge collecting loads of debris from a previous accident. The vehicle came to rest with its arse half way up a dry stone wall (rest of wall in a field) and virtually every panel had been hit by flying stones etc. I got out the car scaled the wall in several feet of snow and ripped out my 4 yo boy who was still asleep in the passenger seat. Rang police/insurance and a lift from my old man and waited for recovery, by which time it had started to snow again in the fearce wind and temps started to drop, now 4:15pm ish. Then (75mins after crash) RAC rang to say they were unable to send anyone due to volume of calls and passed me over to Mansfield recovery.

At that point I emptied the car of 'everything' and locked it up and went back to my old-mans. The next day I opted for BMW to recover on their courtesy scheme and take her to my local BMW garage, thinking that's the best chance of getting the repairs done. The BMW recovery guy came down from York within a couple hours and picked me up from dads, then in amazingly bad conditions (unlike the conditions when I crashed) managed to get us up there and recover the car without further damage.

After a couple of days BMW rang to say it needed new exhaust £2500, r.control arm £750, fan cowl and front bumper + full re-spray. Total cost being £9500 (all figures with BMW giving 25% discount :shock: ). Anyway the car is a write-off, had confirmation from More Than (who have been pretty good :D ) and I've had a good settlement offer which is hopefully coming this week. Me and the lad are OK too so every cloud :)

The M is going to ?'Co-part'? or someone so anyone into repairing M's or wanting bits should contact them, so much new stuff on that car (Vanos, r springs/shocks, all bulbs in centre console and the analogue clock so if you need a console?, headlight switch etc etc.

Due to the split I'm gonna have to get a practical car in the short-term so I am gonna be selling a whole heap of spare parts so at the ready for when my post hits the stock exchange in the next 24h or so!!!!!!!

Now remember it was me who said in an earlier thread that "anyone who drives an M in bad weather wants their head looking at" - how right was I :?:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: No more waiting / the death of an M

Post by Southernboy »

Sorry to hear of your troubles mate...and to lose the car too. I belive the Nissan GTR has 4 seats...??? :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

Sorry to hear about your car but glad both you and your lad are
Ok.The woman you can replace!
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

its a bent piece of metal mate...just glad you both walk away from it
the badness makes me do it...!

('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

geminimustang wrote:Sorry to hear about your car but glad both you and your lad are
Ok.The woman you can replace!

^^^^^^^ couldn't agree more!!!
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Thanks for the supportive comments :D

I couldn't give a sh*t about the car as you all say, it was the lad that went through my mind as we headed into the wall. To be honest the insurace company didn't take too much persuasion to give me an ace valuation, probably thanks to the fact Synter are advertising one for nearly £13k :shock:
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Wow :shock: sorry to read this, at least your son was asleep, which was a blessing in disguise. Hope you get things sorted soon GLW the insurance co.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Glad it worked out well for you and your son.

I suggest Match.com, loads of new models on there, £40 well spent ;)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Gazza wrote:Glad it worked out well for you and your son.

I suggest Match.com, loads of new models on there, £40 well spent ;)
Cheers Gazza, your second point anticipated my next question :lol:
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Best £40 I ever spent :D :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

The snow caught me out too. In feb, I ad a van him me side on in my 535d M Sport. Beautiful car, le mans blue, white leather, head up display etc. anyway, insurance company wrote it off, but I got out with a scratch. Gutted, but alive.

I am over it now, you will too. Glad your ok.

Tags
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Gazza wrote:Best £40 I ever spent :D :D
spill the beans then buddy, get me warm, £40 is alot of money right now - I'm gonna lose the beautiful house we've worked hard over 8 years for and face what i can afford on my own shortly (which aint much) as I've been full-time dad for last 4 yrs (just messing with renovations, cars, ebay etc), heading back to my old man's age 35!!! :bawl: :lol:
geordie90

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geordie90 »

chrisp
Sorry to hear your news im at my mothers at age of 43, my choice though.
Things will pan out m8, always remember noone died in either situation and move on and lets be right do u want to be with her if she did that to u ??
Good luck m8, the zed is as a result of my split, i got rid of vovlo s60 to generate cash and got the zed for 1500 quid, best 1500 quid ever spent i love it and i will be keeping it and hopefully one day progressing to an 'M' or at least a 2.8
Be there for your boy hes the most important thing in ur life ;-)
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Southernboy wrote:Sorry to hear of your troubles mate...and to lose the car too. I belive the Nissan GTR has 4 seats...??? :wink:
A guy in the village (of 30 houses) has n old Gt-R with all the neons and dials :lol: Maybe next time in happy and secure :evil:
Bi11

M roadster S54

Post by Bi11 »

Best of luck and echo everyone else's comments
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

All the best mate- it never rains but it pours eh?
Hope things take a better turn for you soon
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

Hi
I did notice your threads had dried up
**** happens mate, even to a nice guy
But life goes on
Get over the next fews months
I'm sure you will bounce back, and wont look back
Ray

S50 ///M Roadster, Arctic Silver, Imola Red/Black interior
1970 Austin Healey Sprite, Original ' Now Sold :-(
2002 Harley 1130cc V Rod Custom

chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Cheers again for the comments guys - makes me feel a bit more optimistic.

Strange this I only asked 'are we alright' considering we were due to get married and she'd just come home from a works doo at 12:30 :evil: Got subjected to some abuse / criticism, 2 weeks of the cold shoulder and now a week where the best she can come up with is 'your a nice guy but not for me' :head: WTF it's taken 15 1/2 years to realise that :?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

In my experience, it's a case of "marriage paranoia"....it's quite common for people of both sexes to suddenly get cold feet....You might be surprised in a few weeks / months when it turns around, and then you'll really be in a pickle...and if it doesn't, then consider yourself fortunate...you have the options of a completely different future...and that can be anything you want it to be...and it definitely includes a new car to start with.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
geordie90

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geordie90 »

Women are not like real people m8 :lol:

Best now than another five years down the line, try and make the best of a bad situation, make sure u dont get stiffed and remember dont give everything away, make sure u get what ur entitled too, trust me i know

C
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

chrisp_1 wrote:Cheers again for the comments guys - makes me feel a bit more optimistic.

Strange this I only asked 'are we alright' considering we were due to get married and she'd just come home from a works doo at 12:30 :evil: Got subjected to some abuse / criticism, 2 weeks of the cold shoulder and now a week where the best she can come up with is 'your a nice guy but not for me' :head: WTF it's taken 15 1/2 years to realise that :?
You didnt have something on the side
Like an ///M roadster that got alot of attention ??????

Sorry but a works doo, implies all sorts of things, the drinks flowing
A mate who is having a better life, the grass is always looks greener etc etc

And please dont let anybody criticise or down her, it will come back and bite their bums
Last edited by Boysie on Tue 09 Apr, 2013 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Ray

chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Boysie wrote: You didnt have something on the side
Like an ///M roadster that got alot of attention ??????
Absolutely guilty as hell,... it was going to be used as a wedding car when 'I' bought it, but that got poo pooed around christmas - she grew to hate the car I think.
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

Southernboy wrote:In my experience, it's a case of "marriage paranoia"....it's quite common for people of both sexes to suddenly get cold feet....You might be surprised in a few weeks / months when it turns around, and then you'll really be in a pickle...and if it doesn't, then consider yourself fortunate...you have the options of a completely different future...and that can be anything you want it to be...and it definitely includes a new car to start with.... :wink:

Looks like she has had hidden issues for some time and let them fester rather than discussing them with you. Hopefully she will see sense to salvage your relationship. 15 years is a lot history together just to throw away, but if it does not it not the end of the road even if you have kids there are other people with similar life stories.

My wife she got that kind of gob shite story after 15yrs of marriage (her ex thought the grass was greener on the other side and now regrets leaving her, remarrying quite quickly and ending up having a poor relationship with his kids missing out on all the nice things with them) My better half thought that was her life over in the relationship game who would want a single mom of 2 but she found me a year later (poor sod) Life for the both of us over the last 9 years has been great, we both started renting then clubbed our settlements/savings to get our first property together and moved on from there and now live in a nice village so you can rebuild your life and have happiness just going to take some time and healing. By the way she hates my //M to :D too
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lewy »

Serious bad luck mate, I feel for you.

On a practical note is there no way of you buying back your Z3M from the insurance co? Most offer this now, I think it might even be compulsory but don't hold me to that. I'm just going on a friend's case who got paid out for the value of their car and then ended up with the car back for about £250 - the value was only about £2500 on that particular case though. Just a thought - you might not even want it back now it's in a state?

Whatever happens though best of luck with getting everything sorted :)
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

So sorry to hear of your situation. Could it be the menopause? Some ladies suffer from a complete change in character. Reason and tolerance go right out of the window!

All the best for the future,

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Sorry to hear about your //m and troubles with your partner. Hope things will pick up for you and your son soon, and glad you were both ok after the accident.

Bonzo where the heck do you get your ideas from?
[/url]
ImageImageImage
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Sorry to hear of your troubles and hope everything works out for you and your son.

Stay positive and focused for your son. :)
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Cheers peeps,... I'm trying to see the light 8-)
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

Lewy wrote:Serious bad luck mate, I feel for you.

On a practical note is there no way of you buying back your Z3M from the insurance co? Most offer this now, I think it might even be compulsory but don't hold me to that. I'm just going on a friend's case who got paid out for the value of their car and then ended up with the car back for about £250 - the value was only about £2500 on that particular case though. Just a thought - you might not even want it back now it's in a state?
off original thread
Yes you can buy it back
And it can turn in your favour especially if there is someone waiting in the wings to buy it!
My brither cars was wriiten off, it was mint, he said i'll have it back then, a few raisd eyebrows at the body shop and the
insurance had a sudden turnaround, had it repaired after a rethink at the repairers !!!!

This happens alot i'm told
Ray

chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

TBH I was more than happy with the cheque the insurance company gave me :lol: - wouldn't have got anymore selling privately as there were a few on the market. What with selling the bits out the shed etc I've done quite well :sunny .

I've still not seen it on copart website and they were supposed to be taking it from BMW, maybe they sold it on staright away as all it needed was exhause, r.control arm, fan shroud, f.bumper and a re-spray.