BMW Z4 2.3 SDrive M Sport - piccies

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

BMW Z4 2.3 SDrive M Sport - piccies

Post by TitanTim »

Hi all,

Just thought I would post a few piccies of the Z4 E89 I test drove last Sunday in Space Grey with beige Kansas leither, 2.3 6 cyl 218bhp.

First impression is the sheer looks of it, maybe a little more agressive in stance and muscular in its appearance than the previous Z4, especially with roof up. It certainly feels much larger to drive than the Z3, much heavier but much more surefooted i.e. less scuttle shake, I would say less nimble though. This is the sort of car I could comfortably drive all day, whereas the Z3 would be a little more tiresome. The ride on this particular Zed was a little worse than on my 1 Series but was fitted with 19" alloys with runflats so will imagine on the 18's will be better. Build and quality feel was superb and a step up or five from my 1 Series. The 6 Cyl engine was silky smooth with a hard edge over 4500 revs, it didn't feel superfast but satisfying and sooooo different from my 1ers diesel lump :oops: . Will be interested to see how the new 2 litre turbo 4 cyl fares.

All in all a lovely motor, the space grey and beige interior are a good combo but personally not sure how beige as an interior colour would fare after 4 years of use :|

Some piccies,

I did embarrass myself as had to ask where the handbrake was :oops: :oops:

Cheers,

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
simonbud100

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by simonbud100 »

WAW 8-)

Not at all jealous, honest.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

That handbrake pull thing is weird.

Was in Synter dealership yesterday looking for a 118i M Sport, the salesman said the Roadtax was only £30pa on the diesel :shock:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

How would the cream leather stand up to storage..... maybe?....in a garage?
:D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

The cream interior on the 330 has stood the test of time - 10 years
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Gazza wrote:That handbrake pull thing is weird.

Was in Synter dealership yesterday looking for a 118i M Sport, the salesman said the Roadtax was only £30pa on the diesel :shock:
The electronic handbrake takes some getting used too especially if you have your foot on the brake pedal as it moves away from you :shock:

Yes salesman is correct Road tax on mine is £30 per year :lol: thats going too change now with changing cars :P

I'm hoping when mine is delivered the 4cyl will sound as nice as the straight six, I understand BMW have made the 4 pot to sound like a 6 :| :rtm:

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Gazza wrote: the Roadtax was only £30pa on the diesel :shock:
mine is 1.2x that........ per month! :head:

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

gookah wrote:How would the cream leather stand up to storage..... maybe?....in a garage?
:D
Oi you, its going to be my daily workhorse :squeeze: I'm unsure it will fit in the garage :shock: :head:

Tim.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: BMW Z4 2.3 SDrive M Sport - piccies

Post by Ian_C »

TitanTim wrote:It certainly feels much larger to drive than the Z3, much heavier...
This is my only reservation about the new z4. I'm hoping that the much rumoured z2 would go some way towards addressing this. Here's hoping that BMW confirm something this year.
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: BMW Z4 2.3 SDrive M Sport - piccies

Post by TitanTim »

myredzed wrote:
TitanTim wrote:It certainly feels much larger to drive than the Z3, much heavier...
This is my only reservation about the new z4. I'm hoping that the much rumoured z2 would go some way towards addressing this. Here's hoping that BMW confirm something this year.
When I looked at its measurements its the same length as my 1 Series and 4cms wider :lol: the plus point compared to my Z3 it feels more comfortable with 2 in the cockpit, elbow room etc, the Z3 is relatively small which put me off ever going for an MX5 as its tiny.

I think the Z2 maybe too small?

Tim.
Wolverine_1999

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Wolverine_1999 »

gookah wrote:
Your M would cost £1500 per year to tax here. Please don't complain :D
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Wolverine_1999 wrote:
gookah wrote:
There must be a few with UK plates in the Republic then :D .
Pingu
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Wolverine_1999 wrote:
gookah wrote:

I wouldn't complain, 'cos I wouldn't have one at that price
that is just extortionate.....