Few pics

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Heath

Z3 roadster 2.0

Few pics

Post by Heath »

I finally got my hard top off yesterday, gave the zed a good polish & fitted the tonneau cover for the first time

Heath on Tapatalk
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Few pics

Post by Gazza »

Looking freat, now get out there and drive :D

Don't forget suncream for the forehead, wind burn is easy with the top down, you don't want to look like a Swan Vesta :lol:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Looking good but I have to ask, is there something wrong with your camera? :oops:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Heath

Z3 roadster 2.0

Few pics

Post by Heath »

TitanTim wrote:Looking good but I have to ask, is there something wrong with your camera? :oops:

Tim.
its the iphone camera

Heath on Tapatalk
Heath

Z3 roadster 2.0

Few pics

Post by Heath »

I now know why tim asked if something was wrong with my camera, I just looked at this on safari on my iphone rather than on tapatalk & its only showing half the picture, is this happening on all web browsers ?? & if so how come ? I added the images using the image code from photobucket but added the image code whilst on tapatalk & on tapatalk the pictures show ok.
Anyone veiwing this thread must have thought I am totally useless with a camera :)

Heath on Tapatalk
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Heath wrote:I now know why tim asked if something was wrong with my camera, I just looked at this on safari on my iphone rather than on tapatalk & its only showing half the picture, is this happening on all web browsers ?? & if so how come ?
This is the same problem that si-forks had the other day. There is nothing wrong with the site or your pictures. It is the browser on your phone. I managed to reproduce it by zooming my PC browser so that the text was gigantic and the avatar bit cut off the picture without displaying scrollbars. I will see if there is an update to Tapatalk that addresses it.

I think the problem that Tim refers to is the slight blurriness on the left hand side of all the pictures - thumbprint on the lens perhaps?

Car looks great BTW.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Robert T wrote:
Heath wrote:I now know why tim asked if something was wrong with my camera, I just looked at this on safari on my iphone rather than on tapatalk & its only showing half the picture, is this happening on all web browsers ?? & if so how come ?
This is the same problem that si-forks had the other day. There is nothing wrong with the site or your pictures. It is the browser on your phone. I managed to reproduce it by zooming my PC browser so that the text was gigantic and the avatar bit cut off the picture without displaying scrollbars. I will see if there is an update to Tapatalk that addresses it.

I think the problem that Tim refers to is the slight blurriness on the left hand side of all the pictures - thumbprint on the lens perhaps?

Car looks great BTW.

Cheers R.
Robert,

I cannot see complete images if I use my iPad, it just seems to crop the images at the right hand side. Prior to the site upgrade there were no issues viewing any images.

Brian
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Brian H wrote:I cannot see complete images if I use my iPad, it just seems to crop the images at the right hand side. Prior to the site upgrade there were no issues viewing any images.
I suspect that this is the same problem I managed to create by zooming in - it is caused by the avatar panel being on the right, and this overlaps the image. Can you try zooming out on the iPad? You should certainly have enough resolution to display an 800x600 or 1024x768 image and the panel on an iPad.

Tapatalk is different as it doesn't render using the normal website.

Cheers R.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Robert PM Sent.
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Pistol968 »

Car looks wonderful. Fantastic colour and I love the leather.
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

Robert T wrote:
Brian H wrote:I cannot see complete images if I use my iPad, it just seems to crop the images at the right hand side. Prior to the site upgrade there were no issues viewing any images.
I suspect that this is the same problem I managed to create by zooming in - it is caused by the avatar panel being on the right, and this overlaps the image. Can you try zooming out on the iPad? You should certainly have enough resolution to display an 800x600 or 1024x768 image and the panel on an iPad..
I just set one of my monitors to 1024x768 and it cuts the side off all the images in this thread. I've only ever noticed this before when I've previewed a post that I've accidentally put unresized images in though. Seems the design of the current theme puts an unintentional limit on the width of images that can be displayed, which is smaller the lower your screen resolution is.
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

XVar wrote:I just set one of my monitors to 1024x768 and it cuts the side off all the images in this thread. I've only ever noticed this before when I've previewed a post that I've accidentally put unresized images in though. Seems the design of the current theme puts an unintentional limit on the width of images that can be displayed, which is smaller the lower your screen resolution is.
I had a play with it last night and discovered that simply resizing the window so that it is quite narrow has the same effect. I also had a play with the stylesheet, but have so far not come up with a way of preserving the images - for that I think the entire page would have to grow widthways so that it gains a scrollbar.

I'll move this discussion into another thread when we're done - so if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to chime in.

Cheers R.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I noticed this first happening when the site was updated and I tried updating my signature, it was quite frustrating as everytime I loaded the image tag and previewed it cropped a third off the image width, however when I saved and published it came out OK.

I wasn't been sarcastic :D I just thought it a little strange that some peeps are posting pics and they appear to be cropped.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
LookinFoolish

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by LookinFoolish »

When you browse using safari on iphone, the image is cut off as well, even if you change screen orientation
1997 BMW Z3 1.9l