International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Bruno

Z1 roadster

Damaged Body Parts

Post by Bruno »

Hi Guys,

I have some problems with my rear wings
But I thing I am not alone
There are some fissures close to hole of keys because when the doors go up and push so much on the rear wing. This is a known problem !!

Now my two rear wings are repaired and “reinforced” by my carriage builder in this specific zone but this problem will come back again…
when I will remove my rear wings…

The setting of doors kinematics is the reason why the rear wings are damaged (fissures), I’ll try to tune the doors before to remove my rear wings but even if your doors are tuned very well, with a long time this setting is going wrong and there will be the same problem yet
Or maybe it could be better to find a solution so that the door does not push so much on the rear wing when the doors are closed

This is a well known problem in this car !!
Bruno DIAS
+33 6 75 87 78 77
1brunodias@gmail.com
France - Cannes
Z1 - AL04113
andyhallas

Z1 roadster

Post by andyhallas »

Ciao Bruno,

I had the same problem and on Michael's (Stoertie) advice, I simply put a couple of washers/packers between the panel and the fixing position to space the bodywork up.

This has stopped the doors pushing on the panel and my cracks have stopped growing.

Stoertie advised against playing with the door adjustment as it could do more harm than good.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Andy