Where next?

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
ChrisS

Z1 roadster

Where next?

Post by ChrisS »

During the most enjoyable Jurassic tour, there was discussion of where to go next and a tentative suggestion of taking Z1s back to the factory that produced them.
But where were they built? There was some doubt.
To settle the issue, here's BMW'S VIN decoder. The 11th character determines the factory that built the car.
11. Stelle BMW Werk
München - A F K
Regensburg - E J P
Dingolfing - B C D G
Leipzig - V
Graz - W
Spartanburg - L M
Rosslyn - H N
Shenyang - S
Toluka (Mexiko) - R
Oxford - T
Goodwood - U
Berlin - X Y Z
Looks like a trip to Munich then.

ChrisS
jjorj

Z1 roadster

Re: Where next?

Post by jjorj »

Seems like Jamal was getting the fraulein ready. Visit Durdle Door then get them all to wear the dirndl for the visit to Munich :P .
Just checked my chassis number for the 11th letter and guess it must be one of the last at 7904. If I can retire we will go, and lots to see and eat/drink in France before we get to Bavaria.
Well done Jurassic man, Jamal.

Cheers, George

Small request, can we have proper Rally plates for the next one? Let Joe Public know who we are and where we are going!
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

I have spoken with a member of the official German Z1 Club and they have nothing planned for a celebration (they had a large 25th gathering in Munich).
They have promised to let me know if anything 'official' comes up.
Yes George your car is one of the last. Built on 31.05.91 only one month before the last. I expect you already know that only 12 were made with your colour combo. Rare indeed!

Pat
jjorj

Z1 roadster

Post by jjorj »

Yes Pat, that was what I thought only 12 with red interiors but someone on the tour produced a chart that suggested 33 had the red interior. So who is correct?

george
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

jjorj wrote: Thu 07 Jun, 2018 10:40 Yes Pat, that was what I thought only 12 with red interiors but someone on the tour produced a chart that suggested 33 had the red interior. So who is correct?

george
That was me, :nerd: I got the 33 from Fred Brossaud's website.
Page 12 shows Black/Red combo. as 33 see here.

http://fred.brossaud.pagesperso-orange. ... z1_eng.pdf

Blue/Red (1) very rare...Yuk!
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

Munich sounds good but IMHO only if there's some sort of official Z1-related commemoration. It's a looong way from the UK - 600 miles from Calais.