Condensation on rear screen?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Condensation on rear screen?

Post by Warrior »

I know this has been covered before but I can't get my head around this!

I have 2 Pingi moisture grabbing bags and one of those trays with the crystals in the top. The Pingis do a job and grab some of the moisture, the tray doesn't work at all, the crystals just form a lump and no fluid drops to the lower section. Maybe the Pingis are working too well?

BUT....the inside of the rear screen is always wall to wall in heavy condensation. It doesn't matter which way it's facing, whether it's wet or dry.

The car interior and boot are bone dry.

Any suggestions?
TWO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Condensation on rear screen?

Post by TWO »

I can only think the crystals may be duff :( Try a different manufactures crystals...…………...mine has been in the car for 6 weeks and is nearly half full of water

Maybe worth a try : -

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... /285281754

You can get cheaper :)
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

I've got the same problem at the moment, think it may be the seal between the bottom of the hood and bodywork needs resealing. Had a similar problem a couple of years ago and found one side was leaking into the hood recess, sealed it up with silicon and all was OK but maybe it needs re-sealing again. I found that the carpet in the recess may seem dry to the touch from the outside but if you pull it back there could be water underneath, so might be worth investigating this.
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Quick update. I moved the car at a 45 degree angle to its former position, effectively side on to the sun - although we've had none - and the situation has improved considerably. That and a little more effort clearing the condensation.

Pure chance or pure genius, you decide? :D
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

The repositioning probably mitigated the entrance of water into the vehicle. Make an effort to find the leak into the car (eg looking in the boot while spraying water on the rear roof seal).
I'll bet you have pool of water in the battery area or in the corners behind the rear wheels.