Washer Jets and Roll Hoops fitted today

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Tori

Z3 roadster 2.8

Washer Jets and Roll Hoops fitted today

Post by Tori »

Had a chance to get the chrome washer jets fitted today :D

Unfortunately my exsisting washers are not pre heated so it looks like I will be ordering the cable as fitted to the Z3M to hook up the heaters, I have a connector right next to the washer bottle that looks very much like the right connector to plug it into. They fit reasonably ok, one was tight but the other was a little loose so we gave them a bead of silicone around the bodies on the underside, now they are rock solid.

Chrome roll hoops

Ok they are only cosmetic ones but at £36 I could not resist, only problem now is the original wind deflector no longer fits so it's destined for e bay as cash regeneration to pay for a perspex replacement.
Now for sale £6000 Ono
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Looks good Tori, did you bag the hoops that were on Ebay that came with the ///M badges I was going to bid myself but forgot DOH!
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Hi Tori,

Ref the heated washer jets, you might also need a thermoswitch as on the diagram below, IIRC this is located near the foglamps.

Click to Enlarge

HTH
macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by macca »

Where did you buy your roll hoops, if you don't mind me asking ?
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I'm jealous Tori :lol: really want a pair of those washer jets, your Zed is looking great 8-)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Tori

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tori »

Thanks guys

Aceman - Yep they were the ones, did you want the badges as i'm not going to use them.

Ardchyle - Thats very helpful thank you, im not sure if something like that is already there as hubby remembers there is something located near the foglights.

Macca - I got them from e bay, they are available on a buy it now at £79 but I have also noticed he has listed a couple of set on an auction starting at 99p

Tim - go on get some, they will match your shiny knob :shock: :D
Now for sale £6000 Ono
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Tori, think I'm going to have too, don't want my knob feeling lonely :lol:

Did you order them through your dealer?

Thanks,

Tim.
Tori

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tori »

TitanTim wrote:Tori, think I'm going to have too, don't want my knob feeling lonely :lol:

Thanks,

Tim.
Yes I ordered them from the dealer - they were special delivery so took a couple of days but they are worth it :D
Now for sale £6000 Ono
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Tori wrote:
TitanTim wrote:Tori, think I'm going to have too, don't want my knob feeling lonely :lol:

Thanks,

Tim.
Yes I ordered them from the dealer - they were special delivery so took a couple of days but they are worth it :D
Thanks Tori, don't suppose you have a part no. by any change? if I quote Z8 washer jets for my Z3 they will most likely put the phone down on me :lol:

Thanks again,

Tim.
Tori

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tori »

TitanTim wrote:
Tori wrote:

Thanks,

Tim.
Thanks Tori, don't suppose you have a part no. by any change? if I quote Z8 washer jets for my Z3 they will most likely put the phone down on me :lol:

Thanks again,

Tim.
Here you go......

B61.66.8.380.122

Description on invoice just says "nozzle"
Now for sale £6000 Ono
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Tori wrote:
TitanTim wrote:
Tori wrote: Yes I ordered them from the dealer - they were special delivery so took a couple of days but they are worth it :D

Thanks again,

Tim.
Here you go......

B61.66.8.380.122

Description on invoice just says "nozzle"
Thanks very much Tori, appreciate that :thumb:

Will give the dealer a bell.

Cheers,

Tim.
TaffDaddy

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by TaffDaddy »

Hi Tori,
Just joined the forum as I've bought a Z3 today (picking it up Friday, yippee :) . You mentioned that your wind deflector is going on ebay but do you have a price in mind 'cos I'd be interested as mine doesn't have one?

Cheeky first post but if you don't ask you don't get :oops: ....

Thanks,

Taff
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Tori wrote:Thanks guys

Aceman - Yep they were the ones, did you want the badges as i'm not going to use them.

Ardchyle - Thats very helpful thank you, im not sure if something like that is already there as hubby remembers there is something located near the foglights.

Macca - I got them from e bay, they are available on a buy it now at £79 but I have also noticed he has listed a couple of set on an auction starting at 99p

No wanted the roll hoops :evil: :D

Also watching the auctions for the others we will see but looks like competition will be fearce :cry:
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Tori

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tori »

aceman wrote:
Tori wrote:Thanks guys

No wanted the roll hoops :evil: :D

Also watching the auctions for the others we will see but looks like competition will be fearce :cry:
lol sorry :lol: They did take a bit of fettling to make them sit nicely. One side of the hoop is at a slightly different angle at the bottom and had to be ground down a little to get it to sit closer to the trim.
Now for sale £6000 Ono
marcusplowman

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by marcusplowman »

Thats a lovely hoop youve got :D