Selling my Zed, Should i?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
jamesac

blank.gif

Selling my Zed, Should i?

Post by jamesac »

due to a change with my work which means i am travelling a lot more, i am looking at getting a 530d and selling my zed, as a dealer would give me peanuts for it, i would look to sell it private. however is it worth selling now or will i suffer for it as its becoming the winter months.

i have a hardtop for my car so would this be more desireable to winter buyers?

thanks for the advice in advance.
johnjo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by johnjo »

I have a 530d Great Car but keep the Z if you don't have to sell it. Great fun for days off and weekends.
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

I would say keep it if you can afford to.

Been running both a 525D and the Zed for about 6 months now. Yeah it costs me a fortune in tax, servicing, insurance etc. The smile the Z puts on my face is more than worth the cost.
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by indizee »

My Zed is for sale as I need the space on my driveway. I could afford to keep it, but it wouldnt get much use with addition of an XK8, especially with the winter months coming up.

It would be desirable with a hardtop, I had a convertible with a hardtop, and makes a great difference in the Winter. Best thing is put it up for sale and see how it goes. There are plenty of buyers still buying at the moment.
Present : Grey Z4 2.5 conv
ex-Cosmos Black 2.8
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Just do what I do and drive the zed. :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
jamesac

blank.gif

Post by jamesac »

i live in the south west and drove to newcastle the other day and my ears and back are still suffering!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Strange I find my zed comfy on long journeys - I have to go down to Bournemouth again soon - about 4 hrs from me - if the weather is nice, it will be roof down all the way!

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I'm with Robert on the comfy aspect, the Zeds sports seats are the most comfortable of any car I've owned especially if heated and saves me money going to the Chiropractor :lol: In comparison to my M Sport 1er which I'm still messing with the seats after 2 months to get comfy as they seem slightly narrow and also giving myself a labottomy pressing the button for the electric side bolsters :shock:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
trigg35

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by trigg35 »

i have the sports seats and have to say i dont find them comfy.i do like my car but its one of the least comfortable i have had.maybe its because im 6ft 2.with the seat as far back and low as it goes my hair just touches the hood.lower back hurts on a longer trip and on a long motorway journey my humble mk3 ford mondeo was much better.then again thats what the mondeo was designed to do.for frequent long journeys id get a car that was built with this job in mind.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

As much as I'm an advocate for the Z3's you can't beat the 530d for higher mileages, its probably the best "all round" car I've ever had (and I swapped from a current style S class for it :wink: )

If you can keep both (great combo) but the 530d would definately be the better all round car if your doing 30k+ miles pa

Not the best time to sell any convertible though :|
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

im the same trigg..but i have the standard seats..................and they are really uncomfortable.........im going to have to get some others at some point :?
the badness makes me do it...!

DC

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by DC »

For those who are finding their seats uncomfortable it really is worth trying the "tilt seats up at the front" modification

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... ht=#236394

It may not work for everyone but it's cheap and dead easy to try it before thinking about new seats, I'm over 6' tall and with longish legs and it transformed the car for me, no back or leg pain now on long journeys.
Dave. 1998 Arctic Silver Z3 M44 1.9 Automatic
Pinnacle

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Pinnacle »

If you do selli would advise selling the hard top separately. You will find you get much more £ this way.
--------------------------------------------------------------