Matching wheels

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
eame64

Z3 roadster 2.8

Matching wheels

Post by eame64 »

Hi everyone,i know another wheels post but bear with me .Basically i really like my wheels on the z but they are only 16.s what i want to know is can i get the same wheels in 18,s i think it would just make it look even better and finish it off niceley.
Thanks for any advice.
Dav

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dav »

They look like style 42 which were made in 16 inch and 17 inch the latter being staggered for the 2.8
I don't think BMW did an 18 inch wheel for the Z3 but there are plenty of after market wheels of similar design that will fit.
You can check out BMW wheelsHERE

Dav the wheel nut
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi fellow womble
You can get the 17 inch similar design to your wheels but they are BBS supplied to BMW, wheels and are split rims.

I had them fitted to my car previously, see the pics I posted when I originally purchased my car:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... ht=orinoco

A word of warning though, they are a nightmare to keep clean and the rear wheels corroded very easily on the outer lips. I actually purchased 2 new rears and they didn't last a year before the corrosion appeared on them despite regular cleaning and protection.

Regards
Orinoco
eame64

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eame64 »

thanks for the advice guys.
Orinoco i know what you mean about cleaning the wheels just cleaned the z this mornihg and the wheels took ages.I do like the schnitzer type wheels like on jonttts zm but haven't got that kind of budget i'll have to look at everybodys wheels on the forum and see if i can get the other half to buy me some for christmas.
cheers