Any Bikers?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
maccers

Z3 roadster 2.0

Any Bikers?

Post by maccers »

Just wandering if there were any peeps on here who are also into motor cycling? Was member of classic mini forum, and every other member also had bikes.

My current machine is a Honda CBR 600 FS 2 in Blue and White :-) Used mostly for commuting mostly now I have the Z3 to keep me busy!!!

Richard.
marcusplowman

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by marcusplowman »

Me...but the bike hasnt been used for a while...a yellow Ducati 749s :D

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28284
Lazzzydog

blank.gif

Post by Lazzzydog »

I have ridden since the sixties on all sorts of bikes from Velocettes and BSA to modern Jap ujm's from Yamaha,Honda and Suzuki. I also rode trials for a few years on Yamaha and GasGas. I spannered for ten years for one rider in BSB and for the last 2 years we have turned our attentions to real road racing Competing in the NW200, Ulster Grand Prix and the Isle of Man TT's, picking up Best Newcomer 2009, 5 bronze relicas and 2 silvers. We're just trying to get the cash together to have another bash this year. I currently ride a Buell X1 Lightning.
macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by macca »

I have a Suzuki Hayabusa which I use mostly for drag racing at Santapod and a Yamaha Vstar 650 cruiser which I am looking to sell when the season starts as I have too many toys and not enough room.
SpaceMonkey

blank.gif

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I ride 8-)

Own a Honda Dylan for "Knowledge" purposes & a Triumph Street Triple for fun.

boblez

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Bikers

Post by boblez »

Honda Blackbird here! Also go to MCN weekend in Skegness every year, 4000 bikers and great fun!
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Left the biking world 2 year ago and joined the Zed world :lol: but here's a little list of my previous rides :lol:

Yamaha FS1E ( first bike in my teen years)
Suzuki AP50 (pile of crap,it wasnt a nice one)
Honda CB100 (bought from local dealer,crap as it kept seizing up, and ended up as a beach bike)
Honda CB200 (Lovely condition this one when I got it. Life for it ended in a slide on a wet corner and hitting a car coming the other way)
Honda CB250 G5 (ended it's life New Years eve junction 10 on the M25 when it holed a piston)
Honda CX500 ( first big engined bike I owned,and thought it was fast as f@%k)
Honda CX500 (bought another one last year thinking it would still feel fast as f@%K but it felt slow as f@%k so sold it on)
Honda XL185 (ended it's life after an old boy walked out in front of me, so I ran him down. Couple of days in hospital for me and a few months for him)
Kawasaki GPZ1000RX (got it when they were new,and was the fatest bike on the road until the ZX10 came along) My first real superbike and I loved it.)
Kawasaki GPZ1000RX (bought it to try and recapture my youth,but it just wasnt as I remembered it,so sold)
Yamaha RD200 (it was rough,so it got sold after I tried to tart it up a little)
Yamaha RD400 (sold it as it couldnt live with my mates RD350 ypvs)
Suzuki X5 (great little bike,sounded great with expansions on)
Suzuki X7 (Loved this bike and it had the loudest pipes ever fitted to it. Swapped it with a mate for the Yoshimura GS850)
Suzuki SB200 (bought as a runner but stripped it for spares for the X5. Only had a 4 speed box and the X5 was a 5 speedbox, but it came in useful)
Suzuki GSX250 X2 (Passed my bike test on one of these)
Suzuki GS750 (fitted with Yoshimura 850 big bore kit)
Honda CB900 (another impulse buy trying to recapture my youth)
Suzuki DR600 (bought as a second bike for work,as I didnt want my 600 strad getting mucked up. Sold it on as it was a pig to kick start)
Suzuki GSXR600 Strad ( awsome little bike that liked to shake it's head violently when nailing it out of corners, steering damper a big must on this one)
Suzuki GSXR750WN (needed some money so I swapped my ZX9R B3 for this bike plus cash my way. Looked lovely in custom paint)
Kawasaki ZX9R B3 in black and grey ( my first modern day superbike. Handlled like crap and my mates on blades left me behind,so it had to go)
Kawasaki ZX9R C1 in Kawasaki green (bought off a work mate cheap. Did it up and sold it to my brother)
Kawasaki ZX9R C2 in blue (bought to replace the one I sold to my brother. A great allrounder bike. Get to work in the week and scratching at the weekend. Brilliant
Kawasaki ZRX1100 in Kawasaki green (bought of a mate,and again trying to recapture my youth with a modern day classic. Nice but I missed my plastic rockets,so sold it)
Honda CBR600 ( bought off a mate as part of a deal for my car. It was a dog. My brother had it off me on easy payment terms as he needed a bike)
Honda Fireblade Urban Tiger (bought this after the ZX9R B3 loved it and I was up there with my mates on their blades)
Honda Firebalde RRW in Candy Orange ( wanted a more modern blade, it was nice but was boring with ultra Honda reliability)
Yamaha R1 (W reg and the worst handling bike I ever owned. Sold it on 2 months later.)
Ducati 916 Biposto (best handling and looking bike I ever had. Mates blade couldnt live with it through the twisties)
Kawasaki ZX7R (second best handling bike I ever had)
Aprillia RS250 ( awsome little bike, but sold it as I missed big engine grunt)
Aprillia Leonardo 250 scooter (got it for work,did 90 on the flat !)
CCM R30 (good fun for work but I took a battering from the wind)
Aprillia Mille (bought off ebay from a local guy. Looked the dogs danglies,but had massive engine braking and wasnt as easy to ride as the 916, so sold it)

Plus other bikes I have forgotten about

Off all the bikes I owned the Ducati 916 was by far the best bike ever.

Still have pics of many of these, and thats my biking history of 27 years :D from the age of 17

My wife reckons if I listed the cars I have owned it would look similar :lol: Im sure it wouldn't :oops:
nearly old

Z3 roadster 1.9

bikes

Post by nearly old »

I ride a bmw r1100s but not very often these days as her indoors thinks riding in the z3 is biking in comfort. But trust me it aint. As much as i like the z it doesnt come anywhere near the bike
Daz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Daz3 »

Hey i'm a fairly new biker passed my test about a year and a half ago. Trouble is i never know wether to take the zed or ninja out on a sunny day :D

KingCarl

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by KingCarl »

yep got four bikes - Triumph Adventurer, Yamaha Fazer thou, BMW R1100R and a yammy xt250 dirt bike - as folks say hard to choose when the suns out!
crin

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by crin »

Yeah but not for a few months! I have a 99 R1 in rossi 06 camel yellow and blue. will use it much more this year as Im selling my Z!!! It's on the stock exchange now if anyone's looking for one.

Last edited by crin on Thu 13 Jan, 2011 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Long time biker here.

Swapping my GSXR750 for a K5 1000 soon :twisted:
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
nobynom8ss

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nobynom8ss »

hands up as well
loads of bikes from the seventys fell off most of them and knocked off the rest still got a 1979 cb 900f in candy red . role on summer
daveyk101

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by daveyk101 »

Hi, for my sins own/run a bike shop/MOT/workshop in essex since 1996 roll on summer..................................
buzzybear88

blank.gif

Post by buzzybear88 »

been into bikes for years too many to list , travel to europe twice a year to get out of congested uk and to delve into the best biking roads france germany italy offer , currant bikes on the rd bmw r1100gs , bit old but does a great job long distance , ducati 900 monster , loud and proud to be italian open termis , ktm 950 sm , open akros , great for back rd blasts and this year going to germany for a jolly , and a 1978 kawaski z1r classic for trips to the ace on 70`s days , the z`ds a fun car but cant beat a blast on me bikes to put a smile on my face :)
spanwah

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by spanwah »

have a rc8 and a zx7r! :lol: (few pics pixxxng about!)z is for fun(not speed)

ImageImageImage
Lazzzydog

blank.gif

Post by Lazzzydog »

You're going to burn a hole in your slacks if you keep that up young man! :shock:
spanwah

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by spanwah »

Lazzzydog wrote:You're going to burn a hole in your slacks if you keep that up young man! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i have already :lol:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I have an invisible motorbike follow me everywhere I go when I'm in the frog - does that count? :D

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Nice pics of the KTM. Is the R version?

I'm sure we had loads more bikers on here, come on, where are you all?
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
spanwah

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by spanwah »

stu wrote:Nice pics of the KTM. Is the R version?

I'm sure we had loads more bikers on here, come on, where are you all?
no mate original version bought it when they first came out sold my aprilia for it, 18,000 mile in two years no issues ,awsome tool :twisted:
spanwah

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: bikes

Post by spanwah »

nearly old wrote:I ride a bmw r1100s but not very often these days as her indoors thinks riding in the z3 is biking in comfort. But trust me it aint. As much as i like the z it doesnt come anywhere near the bike
correct mate my sentiments exactly! i love my zed but bikes are different world :twisted:
doncaster if you see a loud rc8 its me :lol:
Annie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Annie »

:D I've been riding bikes for 31 years, from my first scoot (Honda 100n) through my sports-bike phase and now ride a Harley 883 (slow meself down).
The Z is a hell of a lot of fun, but there are some days you need to get out on two wheels to bring some sanity back to your life (anyone who rides bikes will know what I mean).

Annie :D :D :D
jollyassassin

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by jollyassassin »

I've been biking for 30 years,had many bikes in that time, much too many to list. I have a fireblade & a Harley 883R in the garage at the moment,though i fancy a moto guzzi griso when the weather gets a little better :D
Muzz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Muzz »

I have Honda vfr 800. Carnt wait for the spring then it's open road freedom or open top cruisein btw I prefer the bike any day :wink:
Its a hairdressing thing.......................you would'nt understand
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Two words.......

'Wild Hogs'

:roflmao:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Deb

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Deb »

a ZX10R at the moment, I am a fair weather biker though :lol:
Image[/img]
jayson f

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by jayson f »

I had a FS1E when i was 16 love that smell of two stroke oil, then i moved on to a RD 125LC im getting all nostalgic. Then i hit a tree and my biking days finished!!!!
eame64

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eame64 »

Yes i to have been riding bikes for at least 30 years,had a lot of bikes that hang em high had to.went through the sports bike stage and ended up on super moto style bikes.I did love my thunderace though.Allways wanted a ccm R30 but the one i had ,had major problems and was returned to the dealer after 2 weeks,shame because i loved the look of it.No bikes at the moment but still would like a gilera sp180 scooter in the garage for a bit of fun.Few pics of my bikes.

markrnorton

Other roadster

Post by markrnorton »

Ahh bikes

i remember them bigger though !

Still modifying
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

While people are posting photos, I don't ride bikes anymore, but I did build this from scratch about 30 years ago.

Bouldy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bouldy »

Hi, yep me too been biking for years, I think the word is obsessed !! , here is a selection of the my bikes that I've owned, the only ones missing are a Yamaha DT125, a black Buell XB12S and a Harley Street Bob, the latest being the Cherry Bomb Buell XB12S in the far right bottom corner, which I sold at the back end of last year, I do quite fancy the new Kawasaki Z1000 next tho......

dutch

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dutch »

my stress relief comes in the form of a 1200 bandit great fun and good exercise due to all the clenching!! :D
Garethdeb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Garethdeb »

Hi Folks
We just bought our little Z3 last week and the day after we picked her up I went out and bought a ZX6R having been off a bike for three years! So, two treats in one week!!
Gareth
SpaceMonkey

blank.gif

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Deb wrote:I am a fair weather biker though
Same here, nothing wrong with that :wink:

Bouldy - If you looking at that sorta bike you thought about the Speed Triple? A friend of mine was doing some work at Triumph last week & apparently there is a Speed Triple R coming :twisted:
Courageous

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Courageous »

Oh dear it's confession time again....... Have 3 steeds at the moment. All eighties bikes as it would be my era. The 2 down here in Spain are:

1989 ZX10R (Yanks call 'em tomcats). This is my tourer/commuter.

1984 Honda VF1000R. This is my young son's inheritance. I will never sell this bike. Bought her 2 years ago only with 69 miles on the clock!!!!!

With my oppo's stable in the UK I have a 1983 CB900F2D to be rebuilt hopefully to a high standard.

Looks to me like we should open a 2 wheel section on Zroadster! 8-)
In the land of the pigs the butcher is king.
terryp69

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by terryp69 »

Wow, some serious bikers on here.
I worked as a bike mechanic (Honda workshop) from 1975 to 1986 before I had to find something that paid more.
I have a ZZR110 in the garage next to the Z3 which replaced the Harley Road King. Missus insisted on something comfortable, hence the Harley, then insisted on being dry, hence the Z3...
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Bouldy wrote:Hi, yep me too been biking for years, I think the word is obsessed !! , here is a selection of the my bikes that I've owned, the only ones missing are a Yamaha DT125, a black Buell XB12S and a Harley Street Bob, the latest being the Cherry Bomb Buell XB12S in the far right bottom corner, which I sold at the back end of last year, I do quite fancy the new Kawasaki Z1000 next tho......

A lovely line up of dream bikes there Bouldy :D
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

I feel a bit left out of this conversation
Does this qualify?
I think it's a BSA Bantam
It's definitely me riding though
Wish I still had the AA badge and reg plate :roll:

Image :devil:
Bouldy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bouldy »

Titan wrote:I feel a bit left out of this conversation
Does this qualify?
I think it's a BSA Bantam
It's definitely me riding though
Wish I still had the AA badge and reg plate :roll:

The leg protection is the way forward, not so sure about the front number plate or the helmet though :shock: :D
Courageous

Z3 roadster 2.0

Left out?

Post by Courageous »

Has to be a first eh Terry?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
In the land of the pigs the butcher is king.
Lazzzydog

blank.gif

Post by Lazzzydog »

That must have been one of the slowest outfits on the road with a 150cc 2 stroke Villiers pulling a sidecar! Don't think the front tyre would pass an MOT either. :shock: :lol:
Cue "eeee i remember when this were all fields" remarks from all my fellow wrinklies. :lol:
markrnorton

Other roadster

Post by markrnorton »

Still modifying
suzie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by suzie »

used to have a yam xs750 custom but got rid about six months ago, been looking for a moto guzzi Jackel but thinking i'm a bit old now now - the last time I came off hurt for a long time. :cry:
BATTERZEE

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BATTERZEE »

2000 TC88 Harley Fatboy with extra's
1960 BSA Rocket in RGS style
1969 BSA Rocket 3, currently in bits being restored
ImageImage
Vulcan

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Vulcan »

Hello

Three bikes at the moment, Kawasaki Mean Streak-02, Lambretta tv175-63 and a Vespa 125-67

The wife doesn´t like biking but the Zed gives her the best of biking and with two supporting wheels.... :D
Milo

blank.gif

Any Bikers?

Post by Milo »

I've been a biker since I was 18 - FS1E was the start of 25 years of biking.

Rode across Australia on a Yamaha XS250 special, then 3 months later rode back on a Yamaha XS750 - much quicker journey! Spent the three months working as a bike courier in Melbourne - now that's blood money! And for a Brit turning right at lights from the left lane took some getting used to, as did the tram tracks which are lethal in the wet.

Mainly used as my daily mode of transport from Surrey into the City.

Some that I've owned:
Kawasaki ZZR250.
Suzuki GS500.
Honda CB1.
Honda VFR750.
Honda CBR600.
Honda Firestorm.
Triumph Sprint RS.
Triumph Speed Four (3).
Yamaha TRX850.
Suziku GSR600.
Honda CB750.
Honda CB600 FA-7 (current bike).

I'll be glad when spring comes - very cold at 6am!

Been a Z3 owner since March last year & have a '99 2.8 in silver. Gave her a good wash yesterday, it was dark by the time I finished but it was getting really dirty. My wife's too scared to drive it because I'm so precious about her - long may that remain the case!

Got a few things I need to have sorted out:
1. Central locking does do the passenger door. Not sure whether this is the actuator or wiring in the boot.
2. Screen washers don't work. Can hear the motor so think it must be a blockage.
3. Dont have roll hoops but would really like some - original or chrome.
4. Chrome side vents would be nice.

Hope we get a good summer this year although must say I've enjoyed going for a drive top down on a cold night. Hat on, heated seats on. Very nice.
skygrasssky

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by skygrasssky »

Triumph Tiger-Honda XR here!
Dr Shiny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dr Shiny »

Biker for many years here too.

Currently a K75 BMW and Honda Hornet

previously

Ducatis and Boxers

Paul
Southcoaster

M roadster S54

Post by Southcoaster »

HI Guys,

Biker since 1972 with a gap between 74 and 81

Puch MS50D 1972
BSA C12 purchased in 1973
BMW R100RS
Honda Firestorm
Honda X11

BMW R1100GS purchased new in 1994 and I still have it and it is brilliant! :D

And living in a shed is a 1956 Royal Enfield 350 Clipper which I bought in 1973 for a fiver, stripped it down boxed it up and planned to rebuild it one day!!! Ho Hum!! :oops:

Southcoaster