Angel Eye Inverter

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Ballie

M roadster S50

Angel Eye Inverter

Post by Ballie »

Hi guys,

I had a set of Angel Eyes and HID's fitted by Ben from Chromeline Design almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately, my passenger side Angel Eyes have failed. Drivers side are thankfully still up and running. I know a lot of people on here have had them fitted by Ben in the past and i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on what i should be looking for to fix this problem. I think it would be the Inverter that would need replacing if anything. However, i know that Ben's old site has been closed, which has made it difficult to find replacement parts for the Gen 6 CCFL's i have. Any idea's please guys??

Ballie
Image Proud to be British!
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

if it is both eyes on one side then probably like you say either an inverter, or maybe even wiring to inverter,

plenty spares on ebay,

linky

:D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I had them fitted by Ben about 4 years ago. I have now got one on each side that are now pink. I have got a new set from Ebay for £30 and will fit them next weekend.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Ballie

M roadster S50

Post by Ballie »

Cheers guys, ill have a butchers on ebay then.
maccavvy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by maccavvy »

maplins do inverters for about a fiver
Ballie

M roadster S50

Post by Ballie »

Its definately the inverter and not one of the Rings. The chances of both rings going U/S at the same time are very slim. Ordered an inverter off Ebay for £7. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all your help guys,

Ballie
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

garythefish wrote: I have now got one on each side that are now pink. I have got a new set from Ebay for £30 and will fit them next weekend.

Fitted the new ones on Thursday, broke two of the new ones, ordered a new set Thursday evening, arrived Saturday morning, fitted Sunday, Happy Chappy :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Ballie

M roadster S50

Post by Ballie »

Good to hear!

Replaced my inverter, which Ben fitted with one off EBay for £7. Works a treat. Cheers for your help guys.