Door lock

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
TECHNIQUE7

blank.gif

Door lock

Post by TECHNIQUE7 »

Im looking for a bit of help the lock on the passengers side of my z3 isnt opening think it might be the barrel as the central locking is still working, where is the best place to find a new one or any ideas what to do just now???
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Adam »

Check that you can still unlock the door with the key. If so its not the lock.

Check thefuses and the wire loom that goes into the door for damaged wires.

A well known issue is the door actuator. there is a good article on how to change it here: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17528

The part is available from a main dealer or a breaker. Check the fuses, wires and lock first before spending money but its very common.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Can you clarify what you mean by "not opening" - after reading what you have written (that it unlocks with the central locking) - do you mean:

1) that the passenger door is stuck
2) that you can't open it with the key from the passenger side
3) that when you unlock the drivers side with the key, the passenger side doesn't open with the central locking

If you suspect central locking issues, then check also whether the boot opens with keys and remote - that should tell you if it is a wiring fault to the passenger door or the switch on the drivers door lock.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

when my passenger door lock played up it was the wiring loom at the boot. Wires had snapped. I got a local auto electrician to check it and all the wires had broken. he put in longer pieces of wire taking the joints away from the hinge and rerouted sightly to make the breakage less likely in the future. total cost about £100 :zmurf:
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
TECHNIQUE7

blank.gif

Post by TECHNIQUE7 »

Cheers (Adam , Robert and Muppet) The problem was a damaged wire so thankfully it was nothing serious .

Appreciate your help lads !!!!!!!
Whitney09

blank.gif

Post by Whitney09 »

Door locks have gained great popularity in these days of consumers. A few years ago were only available in the trade. Inefficiency locks made them very popular with consumers for residential use. They have virtually replaced the door lock, which is based on the key. Traditionally, it has been replaced by keyboards well. When the deadbolt keypad, requiring only a combination of punching in the number of lock and unlock the door.

Arvada locksmith
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

Whitney09 wrote:Door locks have gained great popularity in these days of consumers. A few years ago were only available in the trade. Inefficiency locks made them very popular with consumers for residential use. They have virtually replaced the door lock, which is based on the key. Traditionally, it has been replaced by keyboards well. When the deadbolt keypad, requiring only a combination of punching in the number of lock and unlock the door.

[url=hxxp://www.arvada-locksmiths.com]Arvada locksmith[/url]
:head:
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
Sorcerors Apprentice

Other roadster

Post by Sorcerors Apprentice »

[quote="Whitney09"][/quote]