estoril blue - chrome door handles

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Diamondj

Z3 roadster 2.2i

estoril blue - chrome door handles

Post by Diamondj »

Thinking of getting a set of chrome door handle covers as i've seen a few of you guys have them and like the look; they look marvellous on Jonttt's red M (and others), but wondered if anyone with an Estoril blue car had them fitted so i could see how they look against the blue?
Ballie

M roadster S50

Post by Ballie »

Don't have a photo available mate, but i definitely think it does suit the Estoril blue. And it fits in with the Chrome parts, which are already on the 'M's.

Ballie
Image Proud to be British!
Diamondj

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Diamondj »

My cars not an M, it's a late model sport so i haven't got those lovely chrome touches on the gills but i think i might give a set a whirl, what's the worst that can happen, i take them off again :)

Those wheels on your car Ballie, what are they, can't see them that well, little pic but they look stunning :)
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Do it :lol: its one of the best external mods you can do, gets rid of the cheapiness of the black plastic :lol:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Diamondj

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Diamondj »

I agree Tim, the only other thing i was considering was getting the chrome set then having them prepped and resprayed the same colour as the car.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Diamondj wrote:I agree Tim, the only other thing i was considering was getting the chrome set then having them prepped and resprayed the same colour as the car.
This might help :wink:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... or+handles

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Jack

Z3 roadster 1.9

Chrome

Post by Jack »

Definitely Chrome 8-)
-Jack :)
Diamondj

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Diamondj »

After everyones positive response i think i'll get a set and take it from there, they're only covers after all and if i wanted to get them painted later on if i didn't like the "chrome look", i still can. Seen a few on ebay, where did everyone get there's from/which are good quality items?
Ballie

M roadster S50

Post by Ballie »

Diamondj wrote:Those wheels on your car Ballie, what are they, can't see them that well, little pic but they look stunning :)
Thanks mate. They are, 'MAS-ITALY - SAGGITA' alloys mate. The company went bust quite a few years back and stopped production of these unfortunately. Probably worth a few quid now.

Frank.A

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Frank.A »

Diamondj wrote:After everyones positive response i think i'll get a set and take it from there, they're only covers after all and if i wanted to get them painted later on if i didn't like the "chrome look", i still can. Seen a few on ebay, where did everyone get there's from/which are good quality items?
This thread may be of interest.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... or+handles

The latch covers are avalable seperately on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-2-DOOR-Z3 ... 3367555041

2000 Topaz 2.8 Individual.

Youth would be more useful if it came later in life!
Gio

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Gio »

I have an Estoril Blue 2.2 with chrome gils. Take a look at my profile picture.
I have now added chrome door handles and they look great, but don't have any pictures, sorry.
ImageImage
Zaskar

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zaskar »

Diamondj wrote:After everyones positive response i think i'll get a set and take it from there, they're only covers after all and if i wanted to get them painted later on if i didn't like the "chrome look", i still can. Seen a few on ebay, where did everyone get there's from/which are good quality items?
I bought mine from ChromiumTech (http://www.chromiumtech.co.uk/product.asp?pID=59&cID=15) - they're not the cheapest on the net, but they're stainless steel, good quality and were extremely easy to fit. IMHO they are a huge improvement on the original black plastic. And because you get a set of four, you have a spare pair - just in case I get another Zed 3 :wink: [/url]
Diamondj

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Diamondj »

Zaskar wrote:
I bought mine from ChromiumTech (http://www.chromiumtech.co.uk/product.asp?pID=59&cID=15) - they're not the cheapest on the net, but they're stainless steel, good quality and were extremely easy to fit. IMHO they are a huge improvement on the original black plastic. And because you get a set of four, you have a spare pair - just in case I get another Zed 3 :wink: [/url]
I've seen those on ebay and actually, those were the ones i was planning on getting :) - not sure if anyone can help with this one; I've got a silver stubby ariel that i was going to put on but i also need a new gromit, where can i get one, BMW or elsewhere? I was also thinking it might be nice to replace the the rubber gromit with a chrome one instead if i can, any ideas on this?
Ballie

M roadster S50

Post by Ballie »

I replaced my rubber gromit a few weeks ago, with one off Ebay. Picked it up for around £5 I think.
Frank.A

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Frank.A »

Outer aerial grommet Pt.No. 65218411562 will cost you £1.79 from Coopers BMW.

2000 Topaz 2.8 Individual.

Youth would be more useful if it came later in life!