Drivers window

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
chris1984_99_99

Z3 roadster 2.0

Drivers window

Post by chris1984_99_99 »

Hi all, I noticed today that my driver side window is playing up, it goes down ok.... and it will come up so long as i hold my finger on the button... but it used to come all the way up on its own, has anyone any ideas why it could be going like this? Ive had a look and couldnt find any previous threads on this!

This sideways motion is feeling all too familiar...
jont

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by jont »

This happens to me of and on I disconect the battery then it comes good again.
Johnt :squeeze:
Mr Silver

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Mr Silver »

You are aware that the window switch has a double click and fully up on the window requires pushing down to the second click on the switch. It is not unknown for the 'system' to lose where it is on the wondow control. I have this method of getting them in 'sync' again in my files. I repeat it here but I don't know if it works!

Resetting electric windows.

...Ignition on, press the "down" button and hold it down at the bottom of the movement for an additional couple of seconds, do the same for the "up" and hold for a couple of seconds again.

...To reset the side window cycle (one-touch up/down feature) you need to lower the window, then press and hold the up button and continue to hold it for 15-20 sec after it gets to the top. Same with the one touch down.

Hope this helps.

Regards
chris1984_99_99

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by chris1984_99_99 »

Cheers for that, i'll give it a go! :wink:

This sideways motion is feeling all too familiar...