Tyre suppliers

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
MickJ

Z4 sDrive35iS

Tyre suppliers

Post by MickJ »

Been looking at 'Black Circle' tyre suppliers site, as at nearly 30k mine will need some rears very soon, looking at Falkens 452's which they will supply for around £85 each all in, fitted, balanced etc etc, and at a place very close to me, has anyone on here used them and what was their experience, good or bad?

TIA
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

I've used Black Circles. Ended up at a small garage down a back road in Swindon.

They did a perfectly good job fitting them, but they were a little bit slow. I think this was because they had just started fitting tyres, but they were thorough and very friendly. My experience matched the customer rating for this garage displayed on the website. Would certainly use them again.

I have also used Event Tyres as they come to you. Very handy when both rears were punctured on the roadster. Again another very good service and highly recommended on here.
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by alec.m »

I`ve used black circles, had a choice of three places to fit them locally. I was pleased with price and service. On your tyre choice there are a few of us on here that have gone for Falken 912s and have been very happy with them. They just about got rid of my tramlining and they are about the same price as 452s.

Post by Guest »

Black circles are fine. Essentially they're a broker. You do the deal with them, they supply the tyres to a local garage who actually do the fitting & BC take a cut of the price paid. It works on volume I.e. BC can buy tyres cheaper than the local garage, so they get to make a profit on the sale whilst the garage gets the fitting charge they would want & into the bargain, you get a few bob off the price you would pay elsewhere.

I've used them a few times, never been a problem.
RemarkLima

M roadster S50

Post by RemarkLima »

Mytyres are similar to Black CIrcles, so worth checking out as well.

The most keen pricing seems to be on CamSkill (http://www.camskill.co.uk/), but they do not offer a fitted option so you'd need to pay for them to be fitted which could bump the price to the same as BC or MyTyres...
z3steve

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by z3steve »

Same experience as the above, used them a few times and never had a problem. Good prices too, they get my vote!

Steve
MickJ

Z4 sDrive35iS

Post by MickJ »

Thanks for the heads up, looks like they will get my custom!
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Use http://www.tesco-tyres.com

It's the same as BlackCircles, but cheaper AND with double Tesco points :D
Pingu