BMW mudlflaps fitted

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

BMW mudlflaps fitted

Post by TitanTim »

Hi all,

Thought I would fit the OEM front mudflaps on this arvo in the pouring rain :lol: I bought these off Roadster Solutions last year so about time they were put on. They're held in place with 2 self tappers and 2 clips for each flap which means for the clips you need to loosen off the arch liner and the clips go around the edge of the liner. Instead of doing this I just drilled an extra 2 holes one for each clip position as didn't fancy disturbing the liner. The flaps also have some 3M tape along the outer edge to keep them snug against the bodywork but as I found out due the flaps probably being 10 years old or more and old stock the tape had virtually dried out. I may take them off again and replace the tape. Anyways they will definitely do the job of protecting the sills from flying stones :lol: Pity you can't get them for the facelifted rear.

and a pic of BMW OEM seat covers which look like I have slept on them :lol:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Heath

Z3 roadster 2.0

BMW mudlflaps fitted

Post by Heath »

I want to get some of those after I get a bit of paintwork done, are they still avaiable & what do they cost
Edit ... The mudflaps that is :)

Heath on Tapatalk
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: BMW mudlflaps fitted

Post by TitanTim »

Heath wrote:I want to get some of those after I get a bit of paintwork done, are they still avaiable & what do they cost

Heath on Tapatalk
Picked mine up from Roadster Solutions http://www.roadstersolutions.com/page1.html but I'm sure someone on here managed to get a pair from Cooper BMW, might be worth trying a few dealers to see if any left in stock.

Tim.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Heath wrote:I want to get some of those after I get a bit of paintwork done, are they still avaiable & what do they cost

Heath on Tapatalk
they look like an old chap sideburns.

do you race whippets and wear flat caps too. :D

The 'BEAST' 666
Frank.A

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Frank.A »

I bought a front pair from Coopers of York a couple of years ago for around £24 ordered.I am almost certain that they are not available to order any longer,but some dealers may have some stashed away.

I haven't fitted mine yet as I am disappointed with the quality and attachment method.The ones that came with our Passat as part of a new vehicle protection kit are far better quality and don't need double sided tape to achieve a good fit.

Even the clones that I bought for our new Polo are better than the BMW attempt for quality and pick up on the VW intended fitting points.

I have feeling that the material used for the later BMW flaps is not as good as that used for original versions.

2000 Topaz 2.8 Individual.

Youth would be more useful if it came later in life!
LookinFoolish

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by LookinFoolish »

looks great! Nicely done, love the z seat covers too
1997 BMW Z3 1.9l
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Frank.A wrote:I bought a front pair from Coopers of York a couple of years ago for around £24 ordered.I am almost certain that they are not available to order any longer,but some dealers may have some stashed away.

I haven't fitted mine yet as I am disappointed with the quality and attachment method.The ones that came with our Passat as part of a new vehicle protection kit are far better quality and don't need double sided tape to achieve a good fit.

Even the clones that I bought for our new Polo are better than the BMW attempt for quality and pick up on the VW intended fitting points.

I have feeling that the material used for the later BMW flaps is not as good as that used for original versions.
I have to agree with you there Frank, the quality is pretty poor :( and like you say I wasn't keen on the clip fixings, the BMW flaps I fitted the 1 Series weren't that great a fit either as had to trim them slightly. Still I wanted too fit a pair especially on the front as the sills are too vulnerable for my likeing and I couldn't find anything aftermarket that I know would fit properly.

Tim.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

LookinFoolish wrote:looks great! Nicely done, love the z seat covers too

Cheers LF :)

Tim.