Anyone know what fills this hole?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
MattO

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by MattO »

Hi. I'm brand new to the forum having just bough a 2001 Z3 1.9.

I'm after some assistance if possible please. Just next to the power hood switch at the back of the centre console there is a hole right next to the power hood switch. It looks like another switch was there at some point but has fallen out. Can anyone enlighten me as to what that switch would be for and where i can get either a replacement or just a blank to fill the gap.

Cheers, Matt
Heath

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Heath »

Someone has probably had a hardtop fitted in the past and had a heated rear window switch their

Heath on Tapatalk
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Re: Anyone know what fills this hole?

Post by Jonttt »

BMW seemed to be inconsistant with where they fitted certain switches between the front and rear consol options.

Power hood switches and alarm lights can be in both positions and over the full production run of the cars. I know late cars which have the power hood switches at the rear of the centre consol but most seem to have them at the front.

Its common for owners to move switches from rear to front to meet their needs. So it could be a heated rear widow switch from a previous hardtop or an alarm LED moved to the front etc.....

BMW sell the blanking plates if you want to fill the hole.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Anyone know what fills this hole?

Post by Robert T »

Or it could just be that there was nothing there and the blanking plate has fallen out... worth a look underneath, but be warned, the little tray is a bit of a pain to get back in position.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc