Nicely Done Z3

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
barbancourt

Not specified

Nicely Done Z3

Post by barbancourt »

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/bm ... 38733.html

Hey all, I'm still searching for my Z3. It's taking a lot longer to get what I want at the right price. Anyways, just thought I'd share a link to a what I think is a really nicely done pre-facelift. I'm not going to buy it though. I'd rather get something stock and create my own vision. What size wheels do you think those are? 18 or 19 inch? It's got a nice and rare black/beige color combo. I wonder if the owner had it done custom.
ImageImageImage
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Nicely Done Z3

Post by Captain »

Looks like a nice car, unusual colour combo not sure it's stock, missing the roll hoops. The wheels look like 19" judging by the profile of the tyres.
ImageImage
barbancourt

Not specified

Post by barbancourt »

Captain wrote:Looks like a nice car, unusual colour combo not sure it's stock, missing the roll hoops. The wheels look like 19" judging by the profile of the tyres.
Yeah, I thought all the 2.8 models had roll hoops of some sort.

But nice to know that those are probably 19". It doesn't look half bad. I was worried that it would look clownishly big on the Z3. I still think 18" probably would look better, but hey if I already have them in the garage... why not?

Still searching for a car in the meantime... I may have to compromise on engine size. I really want a 2.2 or larger engine.
ImageImageImage
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

our 2.8 1999 came without roll hoops we fitted them later. Have not seen that colour roof before.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Not sure that roll hoops were ever a standard fitment outside of the USA. They could be specified as a factory option though, so some European and UK cars would have had them from new. Equally well, there are some very late cars which have never had them fitted. AFAIK all Z3's built after 01/97 can have OEM rollhoops retrofitted using the appropriate fitting kit and trim pieces - those cars built before this lack the necessary bolt holes in the chassis. The 2.8's got leather seats and nicer wheels as standard.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Devon Z »

I spec'd mine with them in 1999 I think they were a £400 option but when I went to trade mine in 2001 I nearly punched him when he gave the trade in price :shock: the reason he gave was that a lot of the options I had put on were now standard :? roll bars been one of them. 8-)

My whole car's now worth about what I spent on options :( it's best not to think about it :) on a sunny day top down it's still worth 30k to me. 8-)
99 2.0 Topaz Individual