Z3 - boot luggage fit

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Z3 - boot luggage fit

Post by Jonco »

Have been looking at luggage requirements for forthcoming trip to Lake Garda - I'm sure a lot of you guys have already done the research especially the Euro trip crews. So what is the best luggage fit for the boot?
Have been looking at these - http://www.roadsterbag.co.uk/BMW-Roadst ... ggage.html has anybody else used them?

Cheers.

PS - plastic carrier bags are not a suitable alternative
RonZ

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Z3 - boot luggage fit

Post by RonZ »

Yes I bought a set a couple of years ago, we did a 1500 mile trip around Europe for 3 weeks. You will find there is still space around to squeeze in a few pairs of shoes ect. They are very good I will be at Silverstone and will have one of the bags just the triangle shaped one that goes at the back.

RonZ
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

RonZ wrote:Yes I bought a set a couple of years ago, we did a 1500 mile trip around Europe for 3 weeks. You will find there is still space around to squeeze in a few pairs of shoes ect. They are very good I will be at Silverstone and will have one of the bags just the triangle shaped one that goes at the back.

RonZ
Thanks - unfortunately can't make Silverstone - otherwise could have had a look. Have a great time.
Batchem1

M roadster S50

Post by Batchem1 »

I bought a set of these bags a couple of years ago for a Jaguar XK-R, and I'd really rate them.
They're well designed to make best use of space, well made and smart enough to carry into hotels.
Not cheap, but worth it for the convenience.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

RonZ wrote:Yes I bought a set a couple of years ago, we did a 1500 mile trip around Europe for 3 weeks. You will find there is still space around to squeeze in a few pairs of shoes ect. They are very good I will be at Silverstone and will have one of the bags just the triangle shaped one that goes at the back.

RonZ
Wouldn't mind having a look Ron if I can find you, looked at getting these a couple of times...
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

As a somewhat different alternative, think about using some of these:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 753971.htm

You'll be able to fit a lot more in. If it was me, I'd use some of those and a small overnight bag.
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Yes, but you will then need a vacuum cleaner to re-pack your bags!

Just buy some small soft holdalls - you will easily find tham, and four can fit across the boot leaving plenty of space for jackets etc to go on top.

Put a ratchet strap around each roll over bar, and hang a suit bag on each, behind the seats, for your best clothes.

~If you think you need more space than that, you are doing something wrong!
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

Mike Fishwick wrote:.....~If you think you need more space than that, you are doing something wrong!
I agree Mike - would you have a word with my wife please - when we fly there is always a danger excess baggage charge will be as much as the ticket!!!!!! :roflmao:
resunoiz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by resunoiz »

when you're coming Italy?!? :)

if in september....
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... Bimmerfest! :D
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

resunoiz wrote:when you're coming Italy?!? :)

if in september....
Thanks for reminder - I had seen the post on FB and have noted dates. Not sure if we can make it yet - we are linking up with friends who are from Cittadella ( actually live in Galliera) and they are not in the Zed family -YET! Will get there if we can.
resunoiz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by resunoiz »

Jonco wrote:
resunoiz wrote:when you're coming Italy?!? :)

if in september....
Thanks for reminder - I had seen the post on FB and have noted dates. Not sure if we can make it yet - we are linking up with friends who are from Cittadella ( actually live in Galliera) and they are not in the Zed family -YET! Will get there if we can.
we'll be proud of having so far enthusiast. coming in bus or train too! :D
there will be all BMW's, from oldies to newest ;)