Fuel system cleaner / additive

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Fuel system cleaner / additive

Post by Alan W »

I was thinking of purchasing some fuel additive injector cleaner but after reading so many differing opinions on the net it has left me questioning the benefits of using it.

Anyway, I just happened to mention this to my brother who works for an independent car spares supplier and he told me about Dipetane.

Apparently this is what the trade use and many of his trade customers swear by it. You add it for three straight tankfulls then once a year thereafter and it does actually clean the fuel line and injectors, prolongs the life of engines and lubricants, reduces emissions and can save up to 10% fuel. It contains no chemicals and is completely bio and will not harm catylic converters.

Many of his trade customers use it to get cars with excess emissions through their MOT but also swear by this product endorsing the manufacturers claims and most use it in their own private vehicles.

Why haven't you probably heard of it? Because you can't buy it in Halfords or on-line and there are only very few places that are authorised to sell it and my brothers shop is the only place you can buy it in the south east. I am not plugging the product or my brothers business but I have decided to give it a try and I will report back although this may be some time as the car is going to be garaged for the next 6 months.

It costs around £20 for a big bottle which in respect of a Z3 fuel tank will give you enough for 4 tanks but remember what I said, you add it to the first three tankfulls then once a year thereafter so the initial purchase will last you 2 years then the next bottle will last for the next four years.

This is the manufacturers website:

http://www.dipetane.com/
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Fuel system cleaner / additive

Post by Southernboy »

All info being correct, this is something one should make use of. good info and worth investigating / trying. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

Bumping this thread as Dipetane have now published a list of all UK suppliers:

https://www.dipetane.com/suppliers-uk.html
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Wow ! that is some growth spurt ! I'd love to have some...but all I get is endless days of top down driving... :sunny :-D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

any reports back on the performance?
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

Difficult to tell, did and oil & filter change at the same time but tbh my car was already blisteringly quick anyway and it frequently scares the s**t out of me, but it is a 2.8 and it has only done 50k mls and had frequent oil changes for its whole life. I would be very worried if it felt sluggish. But I'm purely looking at using this product as a long term additive to compliment the frequent oil changes and will hopefully keep everything clean and give added protection so the engine lasts for many more trouble free years. The £20 bottle provides four doses, three go in the first three tank fulls and then one dose yearly thereafter. So to me £5 a year is a no brainer.
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

Managed to get a leaflet and scan it for anyone interested...

TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Hmm.

There are plenty of these sort of products on the market, all supposedly make your car run smoother, more efficient and/or more economical.

Can't help but feeling that if they were that good and their supposed benefits were proven then there would be more widespread use of them.

Perhaps I'm just cynical :?

Save your money.

P.S. - I have discovered that crushed almonds mixed with fermented white rhino urine will increase your car's bhp by up to 50% and exempt your car from the London Congestion Charge.

I have some for sale.

Special offer to zroadster.net members £20.00 per 100ml.

:wink: :lol:
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

They have some usefulness it situations where components are older and dirty. If new components are fitted or the car is new - then I would tend to agree they are a waste of money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQN-0zvZNbY
PFL969

M roadster S50

Post by PFL969 »

Managed to get the rhino urine online (wesellangeltears.co.uk) - can't seem to get the crushed almonds.
Mr Silver

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Mr Silver »

Aaah... old school, crushed almonds mixed with fermented white rhino urine! Good but hell of a job getting it to go up a straw!

Regards