Is it my imagination...

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Is it my imagination...

Post by Alan W »

Is it my imagination or has there been (judging by the amount of secondhand parts on eBay) a big surge in Z3s being broken for spares?
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Is it my imagination...

Post by Southernboy »

I'm not too sure if it's a huge surge in numbers...a couple of years ago there was a whole heap more...I've noticed a spike in the Z4 parts though. Whenever I do a search for Z3 , I get piles of Z4 too... :head:
I think there's been a few more being posted on the forum of late, and a few newbies are creating a stir with their requirements, plus the usual older "maintenance" needs which over your way is "seasonal"...so it may seem "busier" than normal.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

One of the big issues is that the Eastern Europeans especially the Polish, scouring the internet for cheap cars, sending over transporters to take them back and breaking them to sell the parts on eBay Uk, so there breaking what are often perfectly good cars and selling the parts back to us! It's a good business strategy but a shame that perfectly good Zeds and other cars are being broken up. I'm a lorry driver and have seen a huge surge in Polish plated transporters over the last 2-3 years and it's quite scary, always carrying British plated cars, always older stuff, some damaged, some not. :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »