Z3 door aperture rubber seal

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Z3 door aperture rubber seal

Post by lightning »

Available from your local BMW dealer.....OK so you can only get the passenger side, but it's the same as the driver side apart from a small piece of rubber tube stuck to one end. This can be discarded to fit the part on the drivers side.

Get yours now, while you still can! Stock from the USA l am told (although l thought a lot if not all Z3 parts came from there anyway) Part number 51 71 8 397 376

£45 including VAT
Renaud

M roadster S54

Re: Z3 door aperture rubber seal

Post by Renaud »

Just ordered a new seal for my drivers door, as there seems to be some perishing where feet have rubbed against it whilst getting in and out of the car.

My local dealer (Dick Lovett, Hungerford), checked the system and there are over 150 of the door seals in central German stock and "shed loads" in the US. So unless there is a massive rush on these parts, I think everyone should be OK for a while yet.

The next challenge will be fitting the poxy thing!
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

lightning wrote:Get yours now, while you still can!

Renaud wrote:My local dealer (Dick Lovett, Hungerford), checked the system and there are over 150 of the door seals in central German stock
Do you think I can risk waiting 'til next week?

:shake:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

I was under the impression that these were hard to obtain.

But it seems like l am wrong! It would be an odd part to discontinue, as l imagine it is fairly popular, unlike (say) chrome side gills, which l bet they hardly sell any of, and are still being made.