Anyone know the phone number for the Samaritans?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Anyone know the phone number for the Samaritans?

Post by TR4man »

I think I'm going to need it :(

Thought I'd give my car it's first wax following the front end respray and already it's got a couple of stone chips on the front bumper! :bawl:

I appreciate that being my daily driver and clocking up 20k miles a year it will be a struggle to keep it looking pristine but I admit to being somewhat saddened.
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Re: Anyone know the phone number for the Samaritans?

Post by maurice the martian »

Feel your pain bud, had mine sprayed abot 18mth ago wheels refurbed, went for a drive to Ladybower , kirbed the front alloy then did a u turn on a sloping road and scraped all the front bumper,jumped out an kicked f*ck out of a tree , shudda hugged it cos I hurt me ankle.
M

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Smartbear

blank

Post by Smartbear »

TR4man wrote:I think I'm going to need it :(

Thought I'd give my car it's first wax following the front end respray and already it's got a couple of stone chips on the front bumper! :bawl:

I appreciate that being my daily driver and clocking up 20k miles a year it will be a struggle to keep it looking pristine but I admit to being somewhat saddened.
Could you get some "armour shield" type stuff to protect it if you're doing high mileage?
robdalej

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by robdalej »

Know how you feel., I live not too far from you (Middlewich) and the roads around here are terrible, had my z repainted during the summer, just before the council decided to resurface nearly every road in the area! was driving me daft , just gave up in the end, there nothing you can do about it
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

I more than feel your pain at the moment my bonnet and boot are covered with small dents I though it was from a freak brief hail storm we had in our area or from possibly from conkers but never had a misshap from a conker falling out of tree before. I asked one of my neighbours who parks where I do if he had picked up dings from conkers and replied no but he found one of the 'feral' kids in the village standing on top of the roof of his car trying to get conkers :head: but I have no proof and either a expensive bill to find or try the insurance. I have no claims protection but you always find your premium going up regardless. Rant over
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Haven't you heard, the Samaritans are already monitoring this thread!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11/02 ... _snooping/

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
sirius-c

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sirius-c »

I picked up my zed on Friday last week....
In a nut shell...
Both bumpers were filled and resprayed to correct the previous owners navigational errors.
Bonnet resprayed and dents/scrapes removed.
Dent in passenger door removed
New sills painted
All scratches removed from everywhere on the car.
Alloys fully repainted.

Now I'm really chuffed with the work done, but I dare not take it out for fear of ruining it!
I'm certainly thinking about leaving it in the garage permanently and periodically just sitting in the driving seat whilst simultaneously turning the wheel and make brum brum noises!

Seriously though, I feel your pain, i really do, and in a few hundred mile (hopefully a lot more) I'm most certainly going to feel it more.

I spotted a small scratch on one of my new halos the otherday, I've only driven 105 miles since putting them on......I'm inconsolable I tell thee :(
Designed or not designed, that is the question.
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Robert T wrote:Haven't you heard, the Samaritans are already monitoring this thread!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11/02 ... _snooping/

Cheers R.
I understand that they have given up on fastidious Zed owners as being beyond any help they can offer.
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

That's what I'm worried about when I get mine on the road , lots of cows and a bad farmer on my lane, my kit car (RobinHood 2B)has s/s panels so hosing off is no problem but when going to shows I have to take a sponge and water to get muck off the stone guards
Peter
APenn

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by APenn »

Having read this thread, I think I may need to phone the samaritans tonight,
I am pick my Z3 up, just had front bumper, side panels and stonechips in bonnet repaird. Great job, and she looks the buisness, BUT I have to drive 8 miles to home in Elan valley, and its market day so lots of crap on the road. Do a get a trailer to transport ?????
I will be happy when I get it back to the garage, However, The wife has said she wants to go to the graden centre on Sunday, another minefield for scratches dents. O well, I will look at her tonight, and just remember how good she looks.
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by maurice the martian »

APenn wrote:Having read this thread, I think I may need to phone the samaritans tonight,
I am pick my Z3 up, just had front bumper, side panels and stonechips in bonnet repaird. Great job, and she looks the buisness, BUT I have to drive 8 miles to home in Elan valley, and its market day so lots of crap on the road. Do a get a trailer to transport ?????
I will be happy when I get it back to the garage, However, The wife has said she wants to go to the graden centre on Sunday, another minefield for scratches dents. O well, I will look at her tonight, and just remember how good she looks.
You could post a piccy up. Then we can all see how good she looks.
The Zed that is Image
M
APenn

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by APenn »

Not a problem, I will wait until we get some good sunshine, which according to the forecast could be sometime next year.
Kiboko

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Kiboko »

Feel for you! In neither case was it my Z3, but several years ago driving a brand new car I drove across Rannoch Moor only to find the road had been re-gravelled it's entire length. I drove slowly and carefully and all went well until a 4x4 approaching in the opposite direction at a fast rate of knots covered me in a shower of grit. And worse, - after a weekend break at Butlins in Bognor I drove out of the car park and 200 yards down the road met an old van coming towards me round a bend. It was towing a trailer, - full of guess what? - yes, gravel! And yes, the gravel was flung all over my car as it went round the bend, far too fast of course. And then there was my mum in her lovely old Hillman Husky. Went past a stationary truck full of sacks of potatoes. The man on the back of the truck lifted a sack up at that precise moment, and promptly dropped it over the side on top of my mum's car as she drove past. So indeed, yes, I feel your pain! :head: