Opinion on bonnet colour

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Cheeseandbeans

Z3 roadster 1.9

Opinion on bonnet colour

Post by Cheeseandbeans »

Can people give me their opinion on the colour of this bonnet. I was told its arctic silver but it looks a different shade of silver to the car if you look at the side panels. Thanks
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Opinion on bonnet colour

Post by peter2b »

Sorry cant answer that but on my z3 i have something like that fox silver bonnet the rest of the car is tatainium silver withabit of road dust you won't notice the differance :)

Peter2b
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

I would say the car is Titan silver and the bonnet arctic silver. Look on Gookahs thread for his wife's car - thats arctic and you can see the difference between that and his titan silver.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I would say the bonnet is from an older Arctic silver zed which is has a more blueish tinge and is a quite marked diifference from the facelift Titanium when side by side. Quite a few owners have come a cropper when buying a hardtop advertised as silver :)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
gas guzzler

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gas guzzler »

If that's the bonnet you bought of me from ebay it's definitely Arctic silver, I've just gone to the garage and checked on the pillar to make sure. And the car hasn't had a re-spray it's the original paint.
Andy
Andy

1999 Z3 2.8 RED, back with me
sirius-c

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sirius-c »

Bonnet is definitely Arctic silver
Designed or not designed, that is the question.
beerbelly

blank

Post by beerbelly »

bonnet is definitely a different colour to the car (although a blind man on a galloping horse might not notice :lol: )
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

beerbelly wrote:(although a blind man on a galloping horse might not notice )
:D :lol:
Cheeseandbeans

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Cheeseandbeans »

gas guzzler wrote:If that's the bonnet you bought of me from ebay it's definitely Arctic silver, I've just gone to the garage and checked on the pillar to make sure. And the car hasn't had a re-spray it's the original paint.
Andy
Not sure if I bought it from you or not mate? I only ask because the car I'm working on is supposed to be arctic silver but the bonnet looks a different shade when it's on it which makes me think has the car had a respray?
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Cheeseandbeans wrote:
gas guzzler wrote:If that's the bonnet you bought of me from ebay it's definitely Arctic silver, I've just gone to the garage and checked on the pillar to make sure. And the car hasn't had a re-spray it's the original paint.
Andy
Not sure if I bought it from you or not mate? I only ask because the car I'm working on is supposed to be arctic silver but the bonnet looks a different shade when it's on it which makes me think has the car had a respray?
What build date is your Zed? Arctic Silver will be pre 04/99 if I remember rightly after then Titanium or it will say on the colour code sticker in the engine bay.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Cheeseandbeans

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Cheeseandbeans »

TitanTim wrote:
Cheeseandbeans wrote:
Andy
What build date is your Zed? Arctic Silver will be pre 04/99 if I remember rightly after then Titanium or it will say on the colour code sticker in the engine bay.

Tim.
Hi Tim,

1997 it was built. It does say Articsilber on the colour code sticker in the engine bay. Is there anywhere else on the car that can be checked?

Cheers
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

There are two shades of silver used on Z3's. Artic Silver was used pre-facelift (04/99) and Titanium Silver thereafter. I would be inclined to think that the car is the original colour and that the bonnet you have bought is off a later car. There is no physical difference between pre- and post-facelift bonnets, and I doubt that it will have a colour code stamped into it.

If you can't resolve which is which, then I am fairly close to you if you want to see an Artic Silver car.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

If you want to see a titaniun z3 i have one but i wont be arround till 16th june
peter2b