NEEDED ASAP!!!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

NEEDED ASAP!!!

Post by Buz007 »

Sorry for shouting but it's an emergency!

I've been using my z quite a bit over the past few weeks as my Mrs is awaiting delivery of her new car so has been using my daily driver in the meantime. It doesn't arrive till next Friday and on driving home from work tonight I discovered a nasty shudder when breaking from the offside front wheel, turns out I've shed a calliper bolt, the main one which bolts the calliper to the car!

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have one lying around in their parts bin! I need to get to work next week and be able to drop my lad at school! Will try autoparts tomorrow to see if they'll have one, not sure of the diameter/length, might have to take the other side off for comparison?

Many thanks in anticipation

Buz
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: NEEDED ASAP!!!

Post by gookah »

why not the BMW parts department in the morning.?
my sons car shed one of these on the way to a show, we used a wheel bolt as a temporary fix until he got a replacement.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

Good shout do you reckon they'll have one? Will try a wheel nut as a temp fix. Thanks!
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

they should have them on the shelf..

is it number 3 on the below page?

http://realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?i ... Id=34_0369

if so it is a 32mm long m12x1.5 high tensile bolt, and the wheel bolts fit as an emergency repair only.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

Genius. Thanks so much Gookah. That right there is why this site is so good!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

If you get one from BMW, you will find it should be pre-coated with a thread locking powder. If not, use some Blue Loctite liquid when fitting it. That'll prevent it loosening up...and whilst you're at it, it may be advisable to remove the other bolt and apply some to it also. Perhaps do a check on the opposite wheel too...seems as if the calipers were removed at some time, and the bolts replaced without thread locker, so you may be facing a similar problem in the making there too.
The torque on those bolts is 32nm for tightening. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

Collecting 2 from Wakefield BMW this morning, 2.40 each, Z is now up on the blocks waiting for its 2 new bolts with the loctite and torque spanner on the workbench! :)

Thanks again chaps, legendary service and advice. A pint of anything awaits you next time your in north Leeds!