Joined the 360 club

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Trevsky

Z3 roadster 1.9

Joined the 360 club

Post by Trevsky »

Well the roads were very wet this morning and whilst existing a roundabout and giving it a bit of gas the back end broke away very easily and suddenly a Ka which was parked in a layby was approaching my offside rear rapidly. Diesel on the road was my first thought quickly followed by the prospect of a loud bang and goodby Z3. However self preservation kicked in aided by what's left of reactions learned through rallying many years ago. A dab on the brakes and controlled steering as I was travelling backwards turned the 180 into a full 360 reverse flick and I avoided any contact whatsoever finishing on my side of the road facing the correct way. Phew!
I continued my journey a little shaken but no stirred.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Joined the 360 club

Post by gookah »

show off..... :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Mr Silver

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Mr Silver »

Welcome to the club... and just think of the story a certain Ka owner will be telling them down at the pub for a few evenings!

One more up for the Z3!

...oh yes, and you as well.
Trevsky

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Trevsky »

Forgot to mention the Ka was unoccupied at the time. Perhaps they''d done the self same thing and decided to walk the rest of the way. Or they'd seen me coming and legged it!
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

I 'only' managed a 180° earlier this year. Lots of rain after a long dry spell and a roundabout was all it took. It was shortly after bringing the car over to France. Had tracking checked shortly after, that revealed a badly-adjusted rear wheel. Was fine in Blighty, but not so adequate here in France. It's much better now, but the loud pedal only gets tickled on roundabouts, now...
Boosh.
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Parki »

Might be worth checking your springs - when they let go it can upset things whilst turning.
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

did the same about 12 years ago in my kit car first time I drove it in the rain going around a roundabout on a duel carriageway gave it some welly bingo 360 spin before zooming off in the correct direction, must have looked good to the tin tops following
peter2b