In need of sill panels in cosmos black

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Rich-Z

Z3 roadster 1.9

In need of sill panels in cosmos black

Post by Rich-Z »

Hi all, I have some bubbling on my sills that I've noticed getting bigger. Started to grind back realized there is a lot more than I thought. Been thinking of sourcing replacement panels but it's a headache trying to find them let alone is cosmos black! Does anyone on here know where I could get my hands on some? Car is a 97 1.9

Z3 > Miata
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: In need of sill panels in cosmos black

Post by Del »

Tricky as they are model specific and you need ones from a pre-facelift, narrow body 1.9 and most 2nd hand will be equally as old and rusty. I ended up buying new ones from BMW and getting a friend to respray. If you are doing a de-rust programme you can also clean and treat the rear wings and front corner panels (rear) where they meet the sill covers and trap dirt and moisture.
Juvvajuvva

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Juvvajuvva »

Try nubodyautos on eBay.

He has a lot of body panels.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

As per previous reply, if you want to make the car good then new panels from BMW are probably your only bet. 2nd hand panels will likely to be rusty, and as you probably found, they rust from the inside out, so grinding doesn't help as it's coming from the other side.

Sill removal isn't too bad, just a process of undoing enough 7/8mm bolts to get them off!. Also as above, they are different on each variant of car, even wide body late and early seem to be different.