French toad trip

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

French toad trip

Post by peter2b »

Our last night in france, started from home week last Thursday 1st night in Le Mans, then limoges, onto Cahors to Andorra over to Carcassonne on to to Millau be carfully as the peage costs €10 if comming from the south next exit to the town is 100 yds after you pay, next stop Bourges now for the last night we're in Saint Quenington 120 miles ago the trip meter went over 999.9 for the second time been over some great roads on the back roads from Andorra and the Central Massif some photos are of our trip are on Facebook, already planning our next trip the only thing wrong is it was so hot near the Med we had to keep the top up during the day only going top less early am and late pm
peterz3
Ps she has run perfectlying only a slight wheel vibration at 135kph
Howard Adams

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: French toad trip

Post by Howard Adams »

Have done many of those awesome roads myself as I live over here. Know how you feel having to put the hood up because it's to hot, luckily my Z3 has aircon..
Ps. The Gendarmes can & will impound for speeds over 30kph over the limit. And since May 2017 they can now use the DVLA data base to trace you so they can fine you...upto €700. Luckily there is still no mechanism to add points to your liscence.
H
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

final milage 2525 miles bit more that I thought at first but I have to admit my z3 is the first car both me and my wife have found very comphy easy to drive on long trips as some times we were doing 3-400 k between night stops only time we could have the top down was first thing in the morning till about 10 the after 6 at night as down below limoges it was full sun at 37 deg , I took a 1 ltr bottle of oil with me just in case but brought it back Un usednot bad far a 16 year old car
petetz3
Howard Adams

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Howard Adams »

Hi, know exactly how you feel.. trip back from Brantome today in our other car (MGA) was just toooo hot. Our hottest day of the year here in the Charente... This week they are forecasting 38c+. Love the weather here(one of to many reasons for living here) but anything over 30c is a bit much.
H
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Sounds good. I'm off to Spain in the Z3 in a few weeks: Dieppe - Le Mans - Pau - Zaragoza - Alicante. Two weeks in Alicante then back via Pamplona - Tours - Dieppe.
Paulro

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Paulro »

Sounds a brilliant trip.
I took my Z3 3.0 sport to Portugal in mid December. Couldn't have been more different.
Weather freezing until about Badajoz when I could get the roof down.
Doing a trip through France in 8 days time to Il de Re and then, La Rioja and down to Portugal but that's in the VW California.