Replacement Seat Bushes Problem

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
HPFirenza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Replacement Seat Bushes Problem

Post by HPFirenza »

I thought I would do my seat bushes today as the weather was good. Got to the point where I had the seat up to remove the 2 connectors from the harness, only to find that the harness had been routed between a bar and the seat swab at the rear. Therefore the plug would not go between as it's too big. Anyone else had this problem, if so how did you get around it.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Replacement Seat Bushes Problem

Post by Robert T »

I take it you have a facelift car? If so, then the yellow piece is a case around three or so smaller connectors. You might be able to remove the case to thread it through.

Have a look in the knowledgebase for some pics.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
HPFirenza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by HPFirenza »

Thanks for the reply Robert T. But it's not a face lift model, it's a Feb 99 just before the face lift. I take your point though it does look like there are smaller connectors. I'm a bit apprehensive as if I damage them I will then have a problem. But I will have another go.
HPFirenza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by HPFirenza »

Managed to fit the new seat bushes today. Turns out it was pretty straight forward after all. Being tall I only ever move the seats back and forth, so in my first post I couldn't remove the harness and having looked at the video it still didn't make sense why. Anyway while pondering with the seat half out it suddenly hit me THE SEAT NEEDS HIGHERING. I have had this car for some sixteen years and can say that I never use the up/down only the forward and back. What a plonker I am. So anybody else fitting new bushes raise the seat up first.