Gummipflege -> Carboflo?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Erha

Z3 roadster 2.8

Gummipflege -> Carboflo?

Post by Erha »

I went to the friendly BMW dealership today to buy some gummipflege, as I've heard good things about it, and wanted to make sure that my car gets the best for it. So, I asked for the Gummipflege, and the guy comes back, hands me this 50-grams stick that says "Carboflo" or something like that.

I was like, what is this, sounds like an american diet, where's my Gummipflege? The guy tells me that they don't get the old stuff (he didn't refer to it as Gummipflege) anymore, this new product had to be developed for the newer models as they need some special kind of ingredient for the rubber seals...

So, the punchline comes here: The price for this 50g-stick was 40 EUROS!!! That's like 25GBP!!!. I told him to keep the stick, I'll treat my zedster's rubber seals with some standard off-the-shelf silicone spray... :/ I also bought some regular spray-on white vaseline for lubing the window mechanisms with.
greg_ch

Z4 M roadster

Re: Gummipflege -> Carboflo?

Post by greg_ch »

Erha wrote:I went to the friendly BMW dealership today to buy some gummipflege, as I've heard good things about it, and wanted to make sure that my car gets the best for it. So, I asked for the Gummipflege, and the guy comes back, hands me this 50-grams stick that says "Carboflo" or something like that.

I was like, what is this, sounds like an american diet, where's my Gummipflege? The guy tells me that they don't get the old stuff (he didn't refer to it as Gummipflege) anymore, this new product had to be developed for the newer models as they need some special kind of ingredient for the rubber seals...

So, the punchline comes here: The price for this 50g-stick was 40 EUROS!!! That's like 25GBP!!!. I told him to keep the stick, I'll treat my zedster's rubber seals with some standard off-the-shelf silicone spray... :/ I also bought some regular spray-on white vaseline for lubing the window mechanisms with.
IMO Carboflo is a good product and it does a better job of 'sealing' the seals if you know what I mean. I was able to cure some of the cabin noise I was getting with Carboflo.
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

I recently bought some of the BMW branded gummipfledge, it came as a spray in a tin. seems to have worked

Tags