anyone have both of the above?

does it make a difference?

many thanks

mark

The 'BEAST' 666
GROMMIT

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GROMMIT »

I've looked into it on my 3 litre but it can reduce torque figures by quite a bit so i've never bothered.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

what has happened the 'i want to keep it standard' ;-)
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Z3cade wrote:what has happened the 'i want to keep it standard' ;-)
yes and i will, just interested.

The 'BEAST' 666
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

i dont think on an M you would benifit much from a remap nor a filter as the ms have a cold air scoop straight into the airbox as standard.. perhaps a KnN pannel filter...

of you were to remap i dont think youd feel much differents for what it costs....
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
RemarkLima

M roadster S50

Post by RemarkLima »

E-maps figures seem to be pretty good and a good heap of torque as well...

http://e-maps.co.uk/products/BMW/Z3+Roadster/

I've had a diesel done by Simon in the past, and really can't fault the serivce! Totally A1! Very tempted to get the ///M remapped as wel, as it apprantly just smooths out the whole map as well, not just peak figures.

Of course, YMMV
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

Hi

I contacted Austintec in crawley about a remap
They did my brother VW diesel it goes like a rocket now
they said it would not make a lot of differnece on power on the ///M
but would definitely run smoother thats all
For £500+? its smooth enough already :)

The Simota sounds Nice

Ray
Ray

S50 ///M Roadster, Arctic Silver, Imola Red/Black interior
1970 Austin Healey Sprite, Original ' Now Sold :-(
2002 Harley 1130cc V Rod Custom

markrnorton

Other roadster

Post by markrnorton »

Well i dont know about the M, but when i had mine remapped with the supercharger on it (with the simota) the guys there were not that complimentary about simota's. they said more show than go. they recommended the more simple ITG megaflow filter.
with this fitted instead of the simota, and a tweek we got 12hp more on the rollers and 5 torques (back to back figures)

definately better with the ITG.It doesnt look as good, but flowed significantley better
Still modifying
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

GROMMIT wrote:I've looked into it on my 3 litre but it can reduce torque figures by quite a bit so i've never bothered.
I had my 3.0 done last year at evolve and Torgue evened out around 3700rpm and peaked to 235 at 3750rpm with an average increase of 10ftlb hp increased an average of around 8bhp. So im not sure where you got that info from. Responsiveness is also more noticible.
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

I've heard and seen figures suggesting a reasonable gain on S50's. At some point I plan on doing the S54. Like billz i would only suggest Evolve for mapping, they know the in's and outs of our cars and to make it worthwhile you need a proper live map. I would have thought exhaust/filter/map and you will see a 20-30hp gain
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
offyourmarks

M roadster S52

Post by offyourmarks »

For me the gain will be negligible, hardly noticeable anywhere other than on paper. It's a waste of time paying to remap a N/A engine without some serious mech work prior.

Maybe a little more responsiveness and more noise buts thats it.
JohnSmith

M roadster S50

Post by JohnSmith »

I know Evolve in Luton have done a lot of work around remapping and IIRC they helped develop the Simota kit.

According to them the 321 BHP quoted that the S.50 is meant to produce is a little ambitious.

It may be worth speaking to people who have had work done at Evolve to see if there is any real gain.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Re: engine remapping and simota induction kit

Post by Jonttt »

Badman gee wrote:anyone have both of the above?

does it make a difference?

many thanks

mark
Yes, and Yes :D

but as stated above on a NA engine the gains are in gear and not really overall power (compared to what can be achieved with a remap on a turbo engine).

So as long as your expectations are realistic its worth it, if your simply wanting more power then its not worth it.

Would I do it again, yes but my S54 has already been mapped and induction optiosn are limited / mega expensive on the S54 engine (but are on my "to do" list)

Here is my old thread ......

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20284
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

JohnSmith wrote:I know Evolve in Luton have done a lot of work around remapping and IIRC they helped develop the Simota kit.

According to them the 321 BHP quoted that the S.50 is meant to produce is a little ambitious.

It may be worth speaking to people who have had work done at Evolve to see if there is any real gain.
Evolve have a nice mod for the S50 that includes a carbon airbox and a MAF delete, but that's big money.

321 BHP on the S50 is not really ambitious. I saw Murf's S50 make that on Evolve's rollers and his was bone stock. Other S50 that ran on the day were also not far away.

If you are interested in what can be done with and S50 search for threads by JasonZ3M. Jason had the works done to his S50 (flywheel, Schrick cams, carbon airbox, MAF delete) and only ended up about 30 over stock. If you really want more power then forced induction is the way to go.
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

siwilson wrote:If you are interested in what can be done with and S50 search for threads by JasonZ3M. Jason had the works done to his S50 (flywheel, Schrick cams, carbon airbox, MAF delete) and only ended up about 30 over stock.
But christ it didn't 'alf shift! Other ///M owners who had a ride commented on the serious difference to stock ///M power.
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
PERRIN Z3M

M roadster S50

Post by PERRIN Z3M »

Justin Time wrote:
siwilson wrote:If you are interested in what can be done with and S50 search for threads by JasonZ3M. Jason had the works done to his S50 (flywheel, Schrick cams, carbon airbox, MAF delete) and only ended up about 30 over stock.
But christ it didn't 'alf shift! Other ///M owners who had a ride commented on the serious difference to stock ///M power.

Thats probably because his was 350bhp but most standard ones tested seem to only produce around 300bhp and I bet once tuned to that level it would be a lot quicker off the line.

Steve
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

^^ echo above comments, with a carbon airbox, cams etc.. like Jason you will probably see more like a 40-50hp boost across a alot of the rev range (unlike a turbo peak boosting) This will give a good increase in performance albeit seriously expensive.

Don't get me wrong any power gains on n/a engines are far more expensive per hp than a turbo car (you cant just crank up the boost) but imo still worthwhile
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

My S54 has been done at Evolve, figures show 347bhp
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Gazza is that just a map or are there any other supporting mods? I assume the red line was raised to m3 level? I think its alot easier to release HP from the s54 since its restricted in MZ form
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

thanks for all the comments

mark

The 'BEAST' 666
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

shantybeater wrote:Gazza is that just a map or are there any other supporting mods? I assume the red line was raised to m3 level? I think its alot easier to release HP from the s54 since its restricted in MZ form
No other mods, redline has not been raised at my request but the speed limiter has been deleted.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

how fast will the m go without the limiter?

i know the speedo is limited to 160 :(

The 'BEAST' 666
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Badman gee wrote:how fast will the m go without the limiter?

i know the speedo is limited to 160 :(
Don't know, I stick to speed limits :P
Gazza

ImageImage