No more interest in M Roadster and Coupe?

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Gooseacre

M roadster S50

No more interest in M Roadster and Coupe?

Post by Gooseacre »

I see very little action in this forum these days. Has everyone lost interest or are we truly hitting summer toy stage on the Z3M
2001 Z3M S54 LB64010 #10/73
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: No more interest in M Roadster and Coupe?

Post by Gazza »

This particular section does seem to go quiet September to April.

Some owners have moved on.

Some have seen it all before and just read rather than post.

I personally don't have any questions to ask at the moment :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Tilly

M roadster S50

Post by Tilly »

With not many cars in the UK and many of those in winter hibernation I'm not surprised. I am still using mine though several times a week. Just enjoy driving it. Know of a few E36 evos getting on for 250,000 miles. Got the chassis sorted on the Zed and it should last for a few more years before needing more refurbishment. When the mechanicals fail I'll just replace them and keep on motoring. When it happens I will write about it on this site. One thing is for sure mine will not be a low mileage car, but it will be a well maintained one.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Gazza wrote:Some have seen it all before and just read rather than post.

Tilly wrote:With not many cars in the UK and many of those in winter hibernation I'm not surprised. I am still using mine though several times a week. Just enjoy driving it. Know of a few E36 evos getting on for 250,000 miles. Got the chassis sorted on the Zed and it should last for a few more years before needing more refurbishment. When the mechanicals fail I'll just replace them and keep on motoring. When it happens I will write about it on this site. One thing is for sure mine will not be a low mileage car, but it will be a well maintained one.
Agree with both. Mine is in the air at the moment, waiting for me to put some paint on the wheels. I was going to paint the front suspension, but I would have to destroy the ball joints, so no point introducing mechanical faults just to add some cosmetic bling.

I don't like deliberately driving it in the wet, so it's not been out for a while.

The more miles you do, the cheaper it gets :D .
Pingu
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

Hi

I'm hoping to add a few bits to the ///M in the new year, spacers etc and a service
I'll like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
:cheers
Ray

S50 ///M Roadster, Arctic Silver, Imola Red/Black interior
1970 Austin Healey Sprite, Original ' Now Sold :-(
2002 Harley 1130cc V Rod Custom

Tilly

M roadster S50

Post by Tilly »

pingu wrote:
Gazza wrote:Some have seen it all before and just read rather than post.

Tilly wrote:With not many cars in the UK and many of those in winter hibernation I'm not surprised. I am still using mine though several times a week. Just enjoy driving it. Know of a few E36 evos getting on for 250,000 miles. Got the chassis sorted on the Zed and it should last for a few more years before needing more refurbishment. When the mechanicals fail I'll just replace them and keep on motoring. When it happens I will write about it on this site. One thing is for sure mine will not be a low mileage car, but it will be a well maintained one.
Agree with both. Mine is in the air at the moment, waiting for me to put some paint on the wheels. I was going to paint the front suspension, but I would have to destroy the ball joints, so no point introducing mechanical faults just to add some cosmetic bling.

I don't like deliberately driving it in the wet, so it's not been out for a while.

The more miles you do, the cheaper it gets :D .
As ever spot on.

And following on from Boysie's post have a great Christmas and New year everybody.
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

im currently working on something that hopefully will help us M owners out now some of the parts are becoming no longer available....ill post up when its all done
the badness makes me do it...!

pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

swamper wrote:im currently working on something that hopefully will help us M owners out now some of the parts are becoming no longer available....ill post up when its all done
Pingu
dooby

M roadster S50

Post by dooby »

I sold mine 2 years ago now .. Still pop on for a look from time to time :)
pinkpiggy

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by pinkpiggy »

I am checking this forum everyday (if somebody is selling z3m mirrors ^^, but nobody does :( )... This forum is much more active than other europe forums :D so i dont think so :)
BMW Z3 Coupe, M52B28, 2.8, Hellrot/black, sunroof

Image Image Image Image Image
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

As per some of the other quotes on here - mine is still on the road and running me across the wood head and snake passes regularly- again, won't be the lowest miles version out there but I certainly have a big grin to compensate for it!!!

I have a number of jobs that need doing to it when the weather is better - including sending some stuff to South Africa (yes Barry I still haven't got round to it!).

The 2.0l is currently in the garage having its MOT as well so that will be back on the road next week, although this might be the spring that it's sold....

Looking forward to doing a few more meets this year too
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Joycey

M roadster S52

Post by Joycey »

I sold my M on last autumn she was a stunner when I sold her. She's round the Bristol area now. Bought myself a TVR Cerbera.

photo hosting
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Joycey wrote: Bought myself a TVR Cerbera.
I've often thought about a Cerbera but that Wheeler Dealers episode changed my mind.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
davieb

M coupe S50

Post by davieb »

Before I bought my MC, I looked on various forums as they give you an excellent insight into owners' thoughts about the vehicle. I had a Cerbera in mind and unfortunately (or fortunately) the feeling I came away with was that there were too many TVR owners grumbling about their cars. There was nothing to encourage me to buy one. I didn't even know about this forum at that point, it just happened that an MC came up for sale locally and I went for it, having always admired it.

Back to the topic though, I've put 70k miles on mine since I bought it, ten years ago, mostly in the first 4 or 5 years, it being my daily driver. As the mileage approached 100k, I held back on using it as I had another car by then. Now, it remains under cover for most of the winter and I only bring it out on good days, with no salt on the roads. When I drive it, the smile returns. I don't think I need to say any more.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Gazza wrote:
Joycey wrote: Bought myself a TVR Cerbera.
I've often thought about a Cerbera but that Wheeler Dealers episode changed my mind.
I think about having one for the opposite reason. I suppose it depends on whether you prefer to drive them or tinker with them :D .

I'd love to see the look on the neighbours' faces if I had a Cerbera body in the air above a chassis :shock: .
Pingu
Sailorbaz

M roadster S50

Post by Sailorbaz »

I would have imagine the section would be fairly steady to be honest.

During the summer, guys and girls posting their trips out and during the winter, people carrying out resto's on various parts and pieces.

I know mine is in storage and haven't seen it since about October. Must get it out for a backroad blast during a dry day.