Are all Z4 Electric Memory seats heated?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
nik.thomas

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Are all Z4 Electric Memory seats heated?

Post by nik.thomas »

The end....

Thanks
MrPoz

Not specified

Post by MrPoz »

No
nik.thomas

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by nik.thomas »

Ta
Ex330i

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Ex330i »

I have heard a rumour that "unheated" seats may still have the the heating elements installed and wired back to a plug connector in the centre console - but no control module. The same source stated that the control module is a bit more complex than a simple slector switch. Don't know how true any of this is, but sounds typical of BMW!

Myself I would bet someone's spotted the unused wiring & plug in the loom - that's probably present in all models - and they made the assumption the elements are in the seats too!
<b> http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x60/ ... 453a-1.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x60/ ... N4456s.jpg </b>

<b>Sport Pack, 18" Elipsoids, Carver Sound System, Bi-Xenons, Rear Spoiler, Auto-Dimming Wing Mirrors, Rain Senor wipers, Wind Deflector, SMG Transmission, Electric Seats (memory on drivers side), 3 stage Seat Heating.</b>
MarkN

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by MarkN »

I have electric memory seats in mine but sadly they're not heated. :(
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Ex330i wrote:The same source stated that the control module is a bit more complex than a simple slector switch.
This is most likely true. The heater elements probably aren't just "on" or "off", they are pulsed fast as they heat up then switch to a slower pulse to maintain the temp, Much like your electric oven. On Volvos you can ask the dealer to change the pulse duration and change the temperature to your liking.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
phb10186

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by phb10186 »

estocks wrote:
Ex330i wrote:The same source stated that the control module is a bit more complex than a simple slector switch.
This is most likely true. The heater elements probably aren't just "on" or "off", they are pulsed fast as they heat up then switch to a slower pulse to maintain the temp, Much like your electric oven. On Volvos you can ask the dealer to change the pulse duration and change the temperature to your liking.
Thats because a high pulse generation on the average Volvo owner leads to a sweaty ar$e, and that's just not nice.
1998 2.8 M52TU, pre-facelift, hard top, montreal blue, tan interior, 91K
pop_sausage

Z4 M roadster

Post by pop_sausage »

can be retrofitted, Tnook / K2 / Kevin from up north did it on Z4um.
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

phb10186 wrote:Thats because a high pulse generation on the average Volvo owner leads to a sweaty ar$e, and that's just not nice.
Or a stroke.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.