I'm Back

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
MpowerRob

Z4 roadster 3.0i

I'm Back

Post by MpowerRob »

So after only around a year im back in another Z this time a Z4 3.0i, my previous Z Orinoco 2.8 Z3 was sold to a lovely chap who came from the South of France and drove it straight back after he purchased, what a lovely drive that must have been.

In between the Z3 and the Z4 I had a E46 M3 cab which has to be one of my least favourite cars I've ever owned, and I've also recently purchased a X5 4.0d msport 7 seater for the family, I've still got the 911 turbo and the Z4 will be my daily driver, am hoping to put some CSL 19" on with a slight lower and a nice exhaust to release some noise.

First impressions, surprisingly quick and rather good on fuel other than that not had much time to get a good view but am looking forward to getting to know the car better.

Am glad to be back :D
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: I'm Back

Post by Fender2004 »

Once the Z bug gets you, you’re here for life :D

Welcome back to the fold.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

What was it about the M3 that you didn’t like ?

I recently bought a Z4M Coupe :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
MpowerRob

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by MpowerRob »

Gazza wrote: Sun 28 Oct, 2018 14:04 What was it about the M3 that you didn’t like ?

I recently bought a Z4M Coupe :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hi Gazza, having previously owned an Z3m and a few e36 m3s the e46 m3 was abit of a disappointment if I'm honest, it felt like a heavy car, was truly terrible on fuel (my 911 turbo returns way better mpg!) and had no low end power, don't get me wrong the engine/exhaust note was truly amazing and once you got the revs up and were pushing on it was a good car to drive, just never really connected with it?

It probably didn't help that I was using it as my daily, and it became abit of a chore to drive In the end, I can't moan as I nearly doubled my money when I sold it to a collector in France who didn't even view It! That's the 3rd BMW I've sold to someone in France :puzzle:

Z4M coupe ohhhhh lovely cars, quite abit lighter than an E46 aren't they?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I think the M3 has better handling than the Z4MC to be honest.
The Z4MC does feel quicker at times.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage