Zroadster.net stickers - anyone interested???

Any site announcements will be made here. Also the place to make suggestions to help improve this site. Also use this forum for reporting suspected errors or for asking 'how to' questions.
Z3 2.8 London

Z3 roadster 2.8

Zroadster.net stickers - anyone interested???

Post by Z3 2.8 London »

had a chat with one of the shops i drive past on my way home to see if it may be possible to get some of the zroadster stickers made up - the ones made from vival with a sticky back - wondered if any one else may be interested (assuming it can be done!)
I guess the choice would be either both the pic of the z3 and zroadster.net, or just the pic or the website.

any takers? :squeeze: [/b]
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Maybe

Post by stu »

but what prices/how many do you need to get?

I'd prefer something small-ish and fairly discrete - for the 3 cars.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Runroadster

Z3 roadster 2.8

Stickers

Post by Runroadster »

Good Idea. 8-)
The beautiful thing about learning, is no one can take it away from you. Tony & Reet.
Neal(2.8Roadster)

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Neal(2.8Roadster) »

Sounds good to me.
Slightly darker silver than my car would look good I reckon.

Let me know if you get any further details of costs etc ?
Neal Glover

Email : nealglover@Gmail.com
Dazza

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dazza »

I'd suggested something like this a while ago.

Now i know everyone has different tastes so did a similar thing asked everyone what they thought - suggested the windscreen visor a small boot stick you know the sort of thing - as i say this isn't everyones cup of tea.

But it was poo poo'd

I think it's a good idea - i think it should be two sticker one for the web site and one of the car then it's easier to place where you individually prefer.

What would you suggest about colour - you need one colour that would suit all Z'd colours or a selection of colours???

WAITING FURTHER FEED BACK

GOOD IDEA ME THINKS :D :D
BartS
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BartS »

Good idea, as long as they are nice and discreet

What about some different versions as well

for Stu: TrackDayHero
others: Chuffin' Nutters (now how discreet is that)
Bart

a qualified - Northern Highlight - chuffin' nutter
321bhp

Not specified

hi

Post by 321bhp »

dazza said-Now i know everyone has different tastes so did a similar thing asked everyone what they thought - suggested the windscreen visor a small boot stick you know the sort of thing - as i say this isn't everyones cup of tea.

But it was poo poo'd :head: :head:
well im sure the poo brigade will post soon :x :x ,but i think its a great idea :D [/quote]
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

The Corsa and Saxo boys in South East London have these - nuff said :wink: but each to their own
tetchmeister
Z Register member

Not specified

Post by tetchmeister »

DavidM (King Of Chrome) wrote:The Corsa and Saxo boys in South East London have these - nuff said :wink: but each to their own
Maybe they will have some spare....... (why would a Saxo driver have a Zroadster sticker?) :?:
321bhp

Not specified

hi

Post by 321bhp »

poo poo,d
told ya so :D :|
nothing wrong wid stickers on ya z
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Oh well I am sorry for having an opinion Terry - jeez - of late this place is ridiculous - some of you chaps - particularly Terry and MBlur appear to be out to scrap with anyone

Nice one Tetchmeister - perhaps I should have qualified my comment better :D
Roelster

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Roelster »

Good idea!
Kept my Z sticker free for 6,5 years now but a now I am open discreet one. As suggested different colors and sizes. Personally I would go for a small sizes ( 3 x 4 cm) on triangle door window (black) and a bigger one on the boot at the size of those circuit outline stickers you see on boots / bumpers. Might get a black and a white one and see which is most discreet.
What will be the price? Is it professional quality or can I just as well buy a sticker sheet and run it thou my printer?
Roeland
Z3 Montreal Blue 2.8
Dazza

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dazza »

The Poo brigade rose to the occasion with out dely.

I recall a string where peeps where masking themselves as Saxo/Nova boyz winding people up and i recall one of the lines which were along the lines of or was basically saying-

We are all different we all have preferences BUT WE ARE ALL CAR NUTS we all enjoy the whole car THING and if we all liked the same cars and the same colours and specs then it would be a 5hat old world

A guy on my estate has just got him self a Z'd and although we have never spoke in the past we have suddenly become best buddies. And it's just because we both drive a Z'd. I would have nver of dreamed of flashing a guy with a Megane Coupe when i had mine they would have though i was a nutter or something.

So with this in mind lets promot the whole Z'd experience [/b]
S1 AVV

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by S1 AVV »

' Nova or saxo boys' - hmm we all had to start somewhere myself included had a saxo, probably where the enthusiasm for cars came from
hence now i'm fortunate enough to own a 2.8 zed
here's an idea for ya, if your looking for something discreet and would prefer not to have stickers (sorry 2.8 london) why not get 'www.zroadster.net' printed on the bottom of your plates. Before any poo comes my way i know it's illigal but if the spacings all legal no copper's gonna stop you for that and when it comes to MOT time stick your old plates back on , just a thought :D
321bhp

Not specified

hi

Post by 321bhp »

david m said-particularly Terry and MBlur appear to be out to scrap with anyone

i always joke about things i never mean anything i put in my posts to offend ,just that some people dont get my sence of humour,

lieber David verspreche ich, irgendjemanden auf dem Ausschuss wieder nie zu verletzen, aber zu überkommen, ein Lachen manchmal zu haben, und ein wenig abzuwickeln
S1 AVV

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by S1 AVV »

hatten Sie ein XR3i, allways I wünschten eins von denen

only joking :lol:
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Yawn - manchmal Sie werden so vorhersagbar
S1 AVV

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by S1 AVV »

sterotyping does become quite tedious :wink:
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Wenn Sie stoppen zu verringern - dann I'll Endbeißens

Oder möglicherweise ist es über Haben des letzten Wortes :wink:
S1 AVV

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by S1 AVV »

If you stop to reduce - then I'll of final biting

my online translators let me down :lol: :lol:
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Supposed to be "If you stop baiting - then I'll stop biting"

Followed by "unless of course it is about having the last word"
S1 AVV

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by S1 AVV »

word :lol:

i know it's childish, can't help my self
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

it is - but ...
S1 AVV

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by S1 AVV »

oh i'll let you have it then :lol:
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

No I insist
'MC' MarkC

M coupe S50

Post by 'MC' MarkC »

Back to topic, i'd certainly be interested in a discreet clear window sticker with zroadster.net on it 8-) .
ACS susp., exhaust, wheels, short-shift +decat (Supersprint)+CF intake with K&N, remapped ECU, Strong-strutt. Piranha carbon-metallic clutch, EBC Grooved & Dimpled+Redstuff Ceramics. ACS pedals, gearknob & handbrake, stick-on plates.
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Z3 2.8 London and Dazza

Thanks for raising the subject again, guys. I've been spending too much time on cruises and not enough on housework!

I've been looking unsuccessfully for a supplier that would do a sticker similar to the Nurburgring ones, which have a transparent background with the circuit diagram and name in a choice of black/white/silver/gold/blue.

The format I envisioned was simply the site logo/name as shown above (www not needed nowadays) in either white or black. The sticker could go on the rear window, rear bumper, side or car or wherever...

If anyone is able to help and suggest a supplier, please let me know.

Tim
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Zmeagol wrote:If anyone is able to help and suggest a supplier, please let me know.Tim
Signs Inc - in Dartford printed some up like that for me before
Miss M

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Post by Miss M »

Tim, I was thinking of something similar for Z4um - wonder if we could get a good deal if we use the same supplier?

Have only tentatively looked so far but Blue Panda looked promising http://www.bluepanda.co.uk/bluepanda_pr ... ckers.html
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Trish, thanks for the link. I'm not sure that window stickers are suitable for putting onto paintwork. I will make some calls.

Tim
Miss M

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Post by Miss M »

Paintwork? you want to put stickers on the PAINTWORK??? Eeek! :lol:
Bestgear

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Design?

Post by Bestgear »

Chaps...

Has the design and intended location been agreed?

I would prefer a discreet window sticker to place up front behind the rear view mirror.

That way you can easily check if you see another Z on the road and see if they are a forum member! (this could turn into garden centres and traveling rugs...)

A small sticker perhaps 3" by 4" or 4" by 2" - there abouts?

I would prefer the site zed logo with the zroadster.net bit smaller as you dont really need to see it unless sitting parked... and you could read it easily then anyway... That should let the sticker remain small enough.

I guess there must be some designer type guys as members - time to enlist them?!?

D
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Miss M wrote:Paintwork? you want to put stickers on the PAINTWORK??? Eeek! :lol:
Not quite as large as the above. More the size of the one below--same type of sticker as the Nürburgring ones.

DJBlack wrote:Has the design and intended location been agreed?
Design yes, but location no.

Tim
Bestgear

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Bestgear »

...like the size but the design looks like some kid has peeled bits of it off!!!

Is it going to be a sticker or a window sticker?

D
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

The design will be the one at the top of each page of this site, NOT the one in the photo above!
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

I would have thought window stickers rather than paintwork. I have my PCGB which is small and discreet about 7 x 5 cms.
Sits in front of my rear view mirror, no sight lines ruined.
Garyw
Bloke

Other roadster

Post by Bloke »

Put me down for some of those please!!!

Bloke
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Yep.

Post by Alfie »

I quite like the subtle boot sticker idea.

Check out Charlotte's rear end AC Schnitzer sticker which (if I remember rightly) is red on red. Tasteful.
Maybe Bryn or Giles could post a photo?

The logo is good, but it puts me in mind more of a Z4 than a Z3.
Is it the door shape?
Maybe it could be made a little more 'ambiguous' so everyone can use them, but don't ask me how, I'm no artist!

Or perhaps have 2 different ones, Z3 and Z4?

Cheers!
Alfie.
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

The ZRoadster Net logo was designed to embody the spirit of the Z Roadster. True it leans slightly more towards the 4 than the 3, however Tim and I decided this was only appropriate as the 4 is the latest incarnation of the Z marque. But the feel is a good compromise and I think clearly says 'Z'.

A ZRoadster Net sticker would use this logo because that's what it would be sold for - to show an association with Z Roadster Net. If people want a Z3, Z4 or even Z1 specific sticker then by all means go ahead and produce one!
Dazza

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dazza »

I want a few of these, depending on size.

I like the idea of the Zroadster.net design - why not use this even if it resembles the 4 more than the 3 - it goes with the web site and thats the whole point - ain't it.

I was thinking of in front of rear view mirror or on the quarter window of the door.

Would these be safe on the rear window of the hood???
Nick

Porsche

Slightly modded

Post by Nick »

Is this too model specific?..............
qbass00

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by qbass00 »

the sticker is a nice idea, but the design looks really dated and a bit 80's. (trust me, i work as a graphic designer). i think you could do with a nice new design and perhaps a new font (although the font is nice and simple, its not too bad).
if i get a minute i'll try and come up with a simple z3 design over the weekend and post it up. might be able to help you with cheap sticker printing too, some guys in my studio use a company called OvalRing which they reckon is a cheap place for this kind of stuff. dont have details right now but can get them in the next couple of days.
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

qbass00 wrote:..trust me, i work as a graphic designer..
Hello Dave - sorry you don't like the logo and speaking as someone that works in the printing industry you'll forgive me if I elect to pass on the above plea :shock:

The logo was actually designed about 6 months ago by a graphic designer who was given a specific brief to work from. He produced about 10 versions from which Tim and I choose the one you see.

Trouble is we're ALL graphic designers who have ideas of what's good and what isn't, but somewhere along the line a decision has to be made and as you should know, it's inevitable that it's not going to be to everyone's tastes!

(Personally I think the //M logo is very eighties but I don't think even Mr Bangle will get to change that :wink: )

For the time being thanks for your input but I'm afraid the ZRoadster Net logo has been chosen, used on t-shirts, baseball caps etc and there are no plans to change it again in the foreseeable future.
qbass00

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by qbass00 »

no probs, just a matter of taste, as you say. i have no problem with the logo, just not my cup of tea.
to see whats going on in graphic design today, or just to see some more contemporary design, check out some of these:
http://www.123klan.com
http://www.karenjane.com
http://www.bigactive.com
Big Mr P
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by Big Mr P »

qbass00 wrote:no probs, just a matter of taste, as you say. i have no problem with the logo, just not my cup of tea.
to see whats going on in graphic design today, or just to see some more contemporary design, check out some of these:
http://www.123klan.com
http://www.karenjane.com
http://www.bigactive.com
Very interesting, when we where kids we would make silhouettes of couples snogging using chimney pots. Maybe thats why I'm an engineer and not a designer.

I suppose what I,m trying to say is "I quite like the zroadster logo for its pure simplicity, unlike the cars we drive which are totally Flash".
Graham,
Something for the weekend!!!
wells

M coupe S50

Post by wells »

How about a tax disc holder with the logo on it? My friends a member of the subaru owners club and thats what thy seem to use. If any body was interested i could have them made up by a company in my area. Very discreet.
Desperado

Not specified

Post by Desperado »

sorry you don't like the logo and speaking as someone that works in the printing industry you'll forgive me if I elect to pass on the above plea
I agree with Gilles, I've worked in the printing/advertising industry for more than enough years now to know that everyone has an opinion and it's all to do with personal taste.

For my two pence worth I think the zroadster.net design is spot on, simple, clear and just good. Changing it would be a crime.
Not sure about it being called 80's but then again, what was wrong with the 80's.... 8-)

There is a lot more to going through a re-branding project than just changing a logo, there are a mullion and one things to update. Best to leave things are they are, if it ain't broke....
Gary Brown

Not specified

Post by Gary Brown »

Personally, I like the idea of a tax disc holder, but would also be quite happy with a discrete sticker to place on the windscreen in the tax disc area or near the rear view mirror, as others have already said.

I'm sure we've all seen the BMW Car Club stickers (and the Z and //M register equivalents) - I don't see anything wrong with something similar.

It IS all about personal opinion and we will never all agree or all like exactly the same thing. I for one think something with the 'shark gills' would be very cool for us Z3ers but that excludes Z1, Z4 & Z8 owners, so it's just not practical (or fair).

I personally don't think the zroadster.net logo is the coolest thing on earth but it's not the worst. However, it was decided upon by the guys who spent time, effort (and probably their own money) organising and setting up this forum which we all benefit from so much. It is THE logo of the forum, if we want stickers to represent the forum and show we are forum members it seems to be the logical choice.

At the end of the day - you don't have to buy one!
Even if you buy one to support the forum, you don't have to put it on your car!
qbass00

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by qbass00 »

just to clarify - i wasnt being disrespectful about the forum, or the logo, or anything at all, i was merely giving my opinion about a piece of design which i thought could be improved on. but it really doesnt matter that much. the forum is great, and if you all love the logo then thats cool.
Bryn
Z Register member

BMW convertible

Post by Bryn »

I would be up for a discret forum sticker but i would prefer a window one that could be removed if i wish to do so. I am not sure about sticking it to the paintwork of Charlotte. :lol:
Last edited by Bryn on Sat 25 Sep, 2004 16:19, edited 1 time in total.