Broadband in France

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Broadband in France

Post by Madeira Jon »

Just to let you know, (and this might get DavidM furious!) when I was in France a couple of weeks ago, (no that not that bit David) I noticed adverts on Froggie TV offering 5MB Broadband for 29 euros per month! (Thats the bit!) :head:
Even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Aggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I know it's not proper broadband, but I've just parted with £25 for one Year (yes YEAR) for a thing called "onspeed". Available from www.onspeed.com It compresses data before squirting it down the cable. My internet connection is now visibly faster. At the moment they claim it is running at 5.27 times faster that my connected speed. So, I've got 250kB/sec for £12 per month. Seems a bargain.

Even better bargain is FREE broadband at work and FREE broadband at my digs during the week !!!
Pingu
Bloke

Other roadster

Bulldogdsl

Post by Bloke »

I use a company called Bulldogdsl in london, and they supply 4mb in central London for £30, and they are soon going to expand it Outwards, I cant wait!!

Bloke
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

To really rub the salt in; according to the Sunday Times, BT are now planning to charge their broadband owners for downloading!!!!! I'm with BT but as soom as they do that I'll walk!
Even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas