S50 M roadster progress thread (Recent - Oil Change DIY)

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
tcrichton

M roadster S50

S50 M roadster progress thread (Recent - Oil Change DIY)

Post by tcrichton »

The story:
Well I recently bought Shanty's M roadster. Being his brother I know it had been looked after well, cleaned beautifully and generally taken care of so when he decided to splash some money on a near identical (it has a red top and the S54 chrome bits) S54 I jumped at the chance to sell my Audi A3 1.8T and get a sports car of my own... the wife has an MGF VVC which I'd regularly steal.

Now this is a totally different beast, get in the MG and you drive it like a dogem on Brighton pier (fearless swinging it into bends, I mean what's the worst that can happen? Usually just a bit of opposite lock...)

The ///M seems to have endless power and feels much heavier, at the moment I'm also scared of it... yet it surprises me everytime I think I'm being a bit daring on a roundabout or corner (I don't plan on testing this theory too much on the road - I may take it to a track sometime)... It also surprised me today by wheel spinning in 3rd on a wet dual carriageway (its not like I dropped the clutch or anything either).

Anyway, this beauty has:
- 55k on the clock
- 3 owners (including shanty) from new
- Completely standard (apart from rims refurbished in arctic silver)

She's also arrived due an oil change. Not afraid to get my hands dirty I've undertaken this and I expect I'll undertake most of the maintenance on the car and fully document it on here (and my website which will hopefully soon have a wiki)

Previous work carried out:
Will go here once I've got the booklet out of the car...

Work carried out during my ownership:
55,178 - Oil, Oil filter and Air filter change - howto/diy guide

Pics:
Last edited by tcrichton on Sun 03 Oct, 2010 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Looking good!! 8-) I still prefer the black top! :roll:

Just for future reference, the previous build thread

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20225
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi