BMW Z3 3.0 FOR SALE

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

BMW Z3 3.0 FOR SALE

Post by Hairycheeks »

Flirting with the idea of selling my z3. I haven't made my mind up because it's a great car and it would take someone with serious cash standing in front of me to consider it.

It's a BMW z3 3.0, a forum car of which I am the 4th owner, 126000 miles. Link here to previous owners http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=17618

It has a full years MOT couple of advisories for break pipes, full service history, last service done at BMW in October inspection 2 service. Folder full of receipts. Clutch, gearbox engine all tip top and tight. Electric heated sport seats, electric hood and rondell 0021 alloys. Cat back stainless steel exhaust. Bodywork is generally excellent although showing surface rust at sills, airbag light is intermittent i believe it's the wiring under the passenger seat.

I am unsure of a price and that is why I'd like to sell to a forum member who understands these cars and to help come up with a price, so what is my car worth?
Last edited by Hairycheeks on Sun 08 May, 2016 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: BMW Z3 3.0 Sport for sale

Post by Hairycheeks »

Anybody got an opinion on the price of this weapon?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Check all the usual places for prices.

Your ad must contain a sale price.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

£4000
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

You may want to check the V5 to confirm whether it's definitely a Sport model. The front bumper insert would suggest otherwise.

Either way, it's no doubt a cracking motor and still priced well given current market value and upcoming season.

Good luck with the sale!
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

Thanks Yalden. I was told by the previous owner it was a sport model, but I've just looked at the v5 and can't see sport anywhere? It certainly drives differently from my first Z but maybe it's not the sport model after all!
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: BMW Z3 3.0 FOR SALE

Post by Hairycheeks »

Car will be going for oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, diff and gearbox oil in the next 2 weeks in time for summer
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Not sure if you're looking for feedback to help with the sale but here goes anyway.

If the car is that nice the pictures don't do it justice as the light is low. And there's little detail to see around the interior.

You are also very remote for the rest of the country and that will not help with a good price. You might want to offer to travel with the car etc a bit further south, well to be fair it would need to be a lot further south for most people.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

Feedback is always welcome, I have a new add with some better pictures here https://www.gumtree.com/p/bmw/bmw-z3-3.0/1168028409

It's getting a wash and wax tomorrow as I haven't had time to get round to doing it.

I'd also have no problem meeting with someone if they did live far away
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

I've had 2 texts but no other interest in a 6 week period, offered £3000 and £3100. Am I asking too much? New price is £3500 firm. If the car doesn't go I'll happily enjoy it for another year and I will take it on my tour of the west coast of Scotland with my daughter. Cheers
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

I think your location has a lot to do with it, sadly it does put people off! text offers without seeing the car are just chancers, can you locate the car more centrally to sell?
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

I can have the car anywhere I wouldn't mind travelling or meeting someone if area is an issue. I've had the best week in it and it's going another blast with me tomorrow. I'm just needing something with more seats. If I don't get any interest then I'll just have to try again next year
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

I'm looking at buying a 3.0 next year to run alongside my brother's 1.9 I've been restoring. I figured if I was going to get my own car it might as well have the big engine and I reckon the 3.0s could be the next ones to go up in value as they're desirable, comparatively scarce and realistically priced after the Ms.

My budget was going to be around £3,500 although I'd like to see if I can get one the right side of 100k miles for that money.

So the mileage may be counting a little against you but the biggest thing is surely your location. It seems to be that further flung cars fetch 10-15% less.

The market seems a little sluggish in general too. Z3s in general just seem so cheap still with little in the way of upward blip for the summer.

In fairness to those who made blind offers, I would probably test the water first before travelling a long way too. But no way I'd buy anything other than a breaker blind.
ImageImage
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

Someone is coming to view the car today, thanks for all advice
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

The guy was a no show. 2 months the car had been up for sale and not one viewing, not even a serious phone call. I will just have to enjoy it for another glorious summer.
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Hairycheeks wrote:The guy was a no show. 2 months the car had been up for sale and not one viewing, not even a serious phone call..
So what is that telling you?

It's overpriced.

You need to incentivise potential buyers to come up and see it and they aren't going to do that when they have a choice of similar priced cars closer to them.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

I'd change the pics and the setting!

My 3.0i is silver and positively glistens in the sun.

Yours looks dull in comparison and from the look of it the pics were taken on a cloudy day against a backdrop of grey pebbles and grey water.
Axelf

blank

Post by Axelf »

I agree take a few different pics in the sun with the roof down and a better back drop.... The right person will come along and buy it... I bought mine on impulse had a quick look on eBay and it only had 1 min to run. I liked the look of it and put a bid in of what I would pay.... Yes I won the bid the rest is history... GLWS :)
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

I don't think £3,500 is too much for a 3.0 but 122k miles, the unflattering photos and location do not help. Personally I don't like the colour scheme either especially the dark wheels. Should I one day get my 3.0 it will be the loudest/rarest external colour and plainest interior :) Yellow, red, white or individual :) and black inside.
ImageImage
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

TR4man wrote:
Hairycheeks wrote:So what is that telling you?

It's overpriced.

You need to incentivise potential buyers to come up and see it and they aren't going to do that when they have a choice of similar priced cars closer to them.
I would be inclined to agree. How about taking it south on one of the meet up days via this forum?
ImageImage
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Personally I think the price is fine - there are not a lot of 3.0l out there, and I actually like the colour scheme. Don't worry about the mileage, as long as you have all receipts and service history, not necessarily BMW either, good Indi or even home servicing is fine as long as it's well documented.

there is a thread from someone on here looking to buy a 3.0 - might be worth a PM
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

I will keep this thread open and anyone in the near or distant future who wants a 3.0 can make me an offer. I treated the car today with 4 Bridgestone Potenza tyres and 4 wheel laser alignment, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, front discs and pads and a terraclean. The tyres still had life in them but I wanted a fresh set for summer.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

How are the new shoes? I am just about to buy 2 new ones for the rear.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

I like them mate. On my other alloys I had nexens on the rear with potenzas up front. I had toyo proxies all round before I changed to potenzas
Hairycheeks

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Hairycheeks »

Car now sold.