Cotswold Driveout August 12th? - CANCELLED

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Jet

blank

Cotswold Driveout August 12th? - CANCELLED

Post by Jet »

Gents,

During the tech day, I mentioned a drive-out in the Cotswolds Saturday August 12th, quick check to see who is available, Chris has an interesting route planned. So far there are 4 interested, Genie, ChrisS, Keith, myself.....

Anyone else?

Jet
Last edited by Jet on Tue 01 Aug, 2017 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Re: Cotswold Driveout August 12th?

Post by colb »

*ugger, on call week and on my birthday as well so going to miss out on this one. Have a good day.
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

And an *ugger from me too. Abroad on holiday, without my favourite touring car!

Pat
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Possible, need to check the diary.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

Can you give a rough idea of starting location and time and subsequent route and end point please?
ChrisS

Z1 roadster

Post by ChrisS »

I'm thinking of the same starting point as last year. The Easington pub on the A361 in Banbury post code OX16 9JU. It has a big car park and is easy to find. It usually opens at 10.00 but will open up at 09.30 for us for breakfast. In fact, I'm there at the moment.
Finishing point will be either Ettington Manor or Wroxall Abbey depending on where accommodation has been booked.
I'm currently looking for a different lunch stop from last yesr's. The route will take in more ascents and descents of the Cotswold escarpment, some twisty bits and some open B roads and a couple of photo ops for Jamal and Darren.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Is this fellas only or couples ?
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
ChrisS

Z1 roadster

Post by ChrisS »

Definitely couples if couples want to come.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Thanks Chris.

Are most staying Saturday night ? where ?
Gazza

ImageImage
ChrisS

Z1 roadster

Post by ChrisS »

I imagine people who live further away will stay over Saturday night at the Ettington Park Hotel to attend the BMW festival at Gaydon on the following day. I won't be staying because I have another activity to attend on Sunday.
I'm going to recce the proposed route in the Z1 tomorrow. It will certainly include the B4035 from Banbury to Shipston on Stour, some twiddly bits round Ilmington, an ascent of Fish Hill Broadway for Jamal's benefit and some other surprising hills. We may get down into the Cirencester area with some nice straight Roman roads, and I want to finish up at Avon Dassett, very close to Gaydon and not far from Ettington, for a final photo op.
I'm trying to avoid awkward or dangerous junctions. A group of low, LHD cars and profuse roadside vegetation aren't a healthy mix.
If people are attending the Club Dinner at Ettington, they probably won't want to eat much in the day but there will be a snack lunch stop, possibly at the Toddington railway which will be in steam on the day.
More information after the trial run tomorrow.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Thanks Chris, I'll have a chat with some friends to see if we're doing Gaydon this year.
Gazza

ImageImage
jjorj

Z1 roadster

Post by jjorj »

Sorry from me Jamal,

Would have loved the run out but we are at the house in France with children and grandchildren that weekend, slide round some corners for me!

Cheers, George
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Can we have a confirmation of numbers attending ?

I've checked Ettington Park Hotel and Wroxhall Abbey, there are no rooms available for the 12/08
Gazza

ImageImage
ChrisS

Z1 roadster

Post by ChrisS »

Looks like four cars, so far. Am I right Jamal?
blue_and_white

blank

Post by blue_and_white »

Hey Gents, found this link from ChrisS on FB. Weather permitting then I'd love to come along and meet you all, give the old girl a nice run out !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Gents,

Having discussed this with Chris, regrettably came to the conclusion its best to cancel this event due to the clash of schedules from many of our regulars.
I would like to propose something entirely new for 2018, a 2-day visit to the Isle of Portland and Durdledoor on the Jurassic coast in July or August, more on that later in the year.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Jamal