Returning roadster forum member here. Around 2007 I owned my very first BMW: a facelift Steel Grey 2.8 that I adored. Foolishly sold it and bought subsequent Beemers: 330i Saloon, Z4 3.0se, Z4 M Coupe, 335i saloon, Z4M Roadster and most recently a Z3M Coupe which I sold a week ago.
My additiction is strong though, and today I picked up a 99 model 2.8i Steel Grey wide body on just shy of 82k miles. It’s a slightly unusual car as its a U.K. spec RHD car, but was first registered in San Diego and brought over shortly after where it was re-registered as a U.K. car in 2001.
I’m no ultra expert, but I think I’m right in saying that Steel Grey was a facelift colour and it has the M52TU engine in it, so I’m thinking it’s one of the last mark ones to be made. If anybody knows any differently please let me know.
Comes with electric sport seats, chrome pack and is in really good condition. I want to sort a few things out though and this is a bit of a project car for me, and I plan I to update here as a build thread. Jobs I’m going to do/ considering are:
- Due Inspection I
- General health check: boot floor, springs etc.
- Check brakes, refurbish calipers.
- Clean and refresh leather seats
- Investigate Bluetooth and DAB head unit to replace Alpine CD (any recommendations?). Or go back to OEM and add module.
- H&R arbs.
- New throttle cable
- Refurbish headlight plastic
- Seat runners need sorting on drivers side as it has the classic ‘shift’.
- New Wheels and tyres. I have a set of Style 68s I need to refurb and fit 4 x Eagle F1s.
- Clean and waterproof treatment the roof.
Anyway, here are a few pictures - pre clean...
Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests